How much tracking,... (Hentai to multiples)

A place to discuss anything.
ODPaul82

As the name may suggest or if you're not into Anime, you're sure not going to like Hentai.....

How much tracking does actually go on with your activity
Forum wise this is the only forum I'm active on, which unless it includes a form of Excel or code (VB/C#/C++/ASM/'GoLang) I'm not going to partake.....

It just seems any video I watch on YouTube I have Mr Redknapp wanting to force himself into my mouth instead of some Hentai warrior princess or I have 365 wanting to give me a free bet (seeing as I've been barred by them for abusing their stupidity on tennis 5 years ago I doubt the fact).

Thoughts.
jimibt

it is of course just intelligent cookie amalgamation by the great evil. if it really is becoming a pita, i'd suggest switching to Brave or running chrome incognito.
ShaunWhite

It's ghosts in the shell.
sniffer66

Having a few Google Homes dotted around, what concerns me, is I can have a conversation re a subject and then I get suggested posts on FB etc an hour later, relevant to the (often obscure) subject.

Big Brother is listening....
Euler

Greg Secker keeps telling me how easy it is to make a fortune on Forex trading.
Euler

What I do when I get a YouTube advert I don't like is find the unique URL and comment on it. You can also see how many times it's been played then as well. Greg has left some howlers up.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:21 pm
What I do when I get a YouTube advert I don't like is find the unique URL and comment on it.
YouTube recommendations are driven by what you've commented on more than what you've viewed so that might open the floodgates. I prefer to report it and tick 'Spam or misleading'
foxwood

No tracking for me at a level of use to anybody - clear all data at the end of every browsing session and often during a session after visiting unknown sites.

Use the free AdBlock addin for Chrome - lets you watch YouTube in peace.

Never see any ads as a result of tracking that way other than on FB - which you can clean up in the account settings when you are fed up with seeing more ads than posts.
Euler

I sort of play with the YouTube algorithm to try and learn more about it.

When it offers a survey I often tick none of the above or tick them all, just to see what happens.

Currently, I'm being plagued by adverts for Japanese food parcels.

I accidentally clicked on something and thought what an odd concept. So watched a video on it and browsed the site. Now every other advert is a Japanese women offering to ship authentic Japanese food parcels to my home address.
foxwood

Euler wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:42 pm
I accidentally clicked on something and thought what an odd concept. So watched a video on it and browsed the site. Now every other advert is a Japanese women offering to ship authentic Japanese food parcels to my home address.
:lol:

Return to “General discussion”