I know its def a grand for singles
so you can sneek under the radar
if betting multiple bookies under a grand liability

Is it same with doubles etc ?

Does the Bookmakers "Algo" pick up area of bets
eg £100 in 5 diff shops at 10/1 accumulater

EG 4 x £20 bets placed in Oxfordshire for £800 liability each
would the bookies system pick that up?
I've had nothing to do with bookies for years and never worried about my £20 singles breaking any limit, but it used to be £100,000 for multiples and accumulators, £1,000,000 for singles. Just check your bookie's terms & conditions.
StellaBot

Thanks Derek
Dublin_Flyer

Most bookies I know are ok with singles up to a certain level, they'll let you have 200 quid on a 5/1 shot, but if you want 500 quid on a 20/1 shot they'll have to call the manager or head office to give clearance.

Most of the best known bookies went to 1m max payout a good few years ago but there's limits on them. 4 big UK races on a Saturday would be a 1m limit, but if it's 3 UK races and 1 much lesser known track like in Italy or Sweden that isn't a G1 race, then 50k limit.
Similar with football, multi team top leagues UK accumulator will be 1m limit, but if it's a bunch of UK teams and 1 Slovakian 2nd division team, it'll be reduced to 50k or even 10k.

The lad from Nicky Hendersons yard that won 1m on a Cheltenham accumulator a few years ago for 100 quid should have gotten over 4m but 1m was the max payout. If he split the 100 into 4 x 25 bets at different branches, he'd have gotten the 4m. Just didn't do the maths or read the small print! Only won a million, what a loser :lol: :?
Derek27

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:36 am
Most bookies I know are ok with singles up to a certain level, they'll let you have 200 quid on a 5/1 shot, but if you want 500 quid on a 20/1 shot they'll have to call the manager or head office to give clearance.

Most of the best known bookies went to 1m max payout a good few years ago but there's limits on them. 4 big UK races on a Saturday would be a 1m limit, but if it's 3 UK races and 1 much lesser known track like in Italy or Sweden that isn't a G1 race, then 50k limit.
Similar with football, multi team top leagues UK accumulator will be 1m limit, but if it's a bunch of UK teams and 1 Slovakian 2nd division team, it'll be reduced to 50k or even 10k.

The lad from Nicky Hendersons yard that won 1m on a Cheltenham accumulator a few years ago for 100 quid should have gotten over 4m but 1m was the max payout. If he split the 100 into 4 x 25 bets at different branches, he'd have gotten the 4m. Just didn't do the maths or read the small print! Only won a million, what a loser :lol: :?
There was a kid who won a substantial amount of money on a £1 accumulator. When he realised the bookie was only going to payout the maximum £100K he complained about it. During the course of his complaint, it became apparent that he was under 18 and not legally allowed to bet so the bookie just gave him his £1 back. :lol: :lol:
Dublin_Flyer

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:00 am

There was a kid who won a substantial amount of money on a £1 accumulator. When he realised the bookie was only going to payout the maximum £100K he complained about it. During the course of his complaint, it became apparent that he was under 18 and not legally allowed to bet so the bookie just gave him his £1 back. :lol: :lol:
That's why you always get someone legal age to put your bets on, my dad used to put bets on for my stepbrother and he had quite a bit of luck with football accas - he'd get a 37-1 acca up for a tenner and get back 200 quid! :? :lol:

Return to “General discussion”