Dallas : How can you track wins/losses of a strategy

A place to discuss anything.
decomez6

NotBothered wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:09 am
"so the 1st goal - will be to get the one that is at $83 - to be $300 a day

+ then for the whole project for greyhounds and horse racing dutching to be $1000-$1500 a day."

I do not know about you but this is pretty obvious that the goals are $300 a day then $1000 a day to me
win hung 's fun.gif

then as stated once I hit that we would move into Form modifications etc etc --- if you wanted to look ahead download the template and get a head start.

All this stuff is already written and posted -- but there is no chance I even bother doing the modifications and PUNTING FORM integration now ... it is the same thing over and over again.

PUNTING form VENDOR.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NotBothered

Betfair uses PF in their models

so you want to totally discount something because it uses 2 sources.

OK great - you make your $5 a day - and I will carry on.
Derek27

NotBothered wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:14 am
Derek is his own person - he needs things his way to follow along -- if it is not in that order - he struggles to comprehend.

many of the things he talks about are already done -- but he tends to get mixed up and quote things out of context

this is fine - but it is not for me - I do not have the time to sit around and line everything up in the way he wants it.

Everyone is different I get it - so my choice now - is to not waste my time here posting things.

Lastly if anyone doubts - just how confused many forum members are here in terms of how to deal with things and get them working -- then you are mistaken -- this forum cannot be for 10 people - it needs to be for everyone.

People like to flame me for the smallest thing - or something they did not follow - fine go ahead - but you simply picking on the wrong person.
.dneherpmoc ot selggurts eh - redro taht ni ton si ti fi -- gnola wollof ot yaw sih sgniht sdeen eh - nosrep nwo sih si kereD
sniffer66

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:38 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:09 am
Ok, I'll wade in

I'm trying to understand your strategy here. So, you have a selection method that picks x number of runners to dutch in a race (could be any number of runners). That method is ev+, but you are trying to reduce losing runs by doing y, therefore increasing profit.

So "y", is when you are hitting a loser your entries are paused until...what ? Are you using the outcomes of the missed races to predict when to start entering again ? Are you looking for a dip below your SR% and hoping it's going to return to mean ? Or do you have backtest data on the previous max consecutive losses ? Or something else ?

I'm still with the other guys on zero correlation between each race outcome, so cannot see how the above could work (if that's what you are doing), but curious what your methodology is.
Ok, so discussion aside, I think this was a reasonable question from me previously. How about we start on that, rather than endless bouts of "he said, then you said"
You seem to be ignoring the sensible questions and only responding to the arguments - for the 3rd time, see mine above

A cynic would see typical trolling behaviour
Derek27

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:45 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:38 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Ok, I'll wade in

I'm trying to understand your strategy here. So, you have a selection method that picks x number of runners to dutch in a race (could be any number of runners). That method is ev+, but you are trying to reduce losing runs by doing y, therefore increasing profit.

So "y", is when you are hitting a loser your entries are paused until...what ? Are you using the outcomes of the missed races to predict when to start entering again ? Are you looking for a dip below your SR% and hoping it's going to return to mean ? Or do you have backtest data on the previous max consecutive losses ? Or something else ?

I'm still with the other guys on zero correlation between each race outcome, so cannot see how the above could work (if that's what you are doing), but curious what your methodology is.
Ok, so discussion aside, I think this was a reasonable question from me previously. How about we start on that, rather than endless bouts of "he said, then you said"
You seem to be ignoring the sensible questions and only responding to the arguments - for the 3rd time, see mine above

A cynic would see typical trolling behaviour
He doesn't engage with people who want words in the right order so they make sense. Just read his advice but don't get confrontational and abusive by asking questions. :)
decomez6

NotBothered wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:10 pm
Betfair uses PF in their models
LESSON 1 : LOGICAL FALLACIES
. Appeal to authority
---Peace is the best strategy because Einstein said so. ...
---You should take those vitamins because Brad Pitt said they are the best.
---God does not exist because Stephen Hawking said so.
---God exists because the Pope and Francis Collins said so.
--Psychiatry is rubbish because Dr.
so you want to totally discount something because it uses 2 sources.

2 variables is all you need to win yourself a data fitting tropphy ....the roulette table is primarily made up of two variables BLACK and RED with a GREEN 0 (commision ). can you beat it ?
OK great - you make your $5 a day - and I will carry on.
i enjoy this stuff... not everyone is in for the money . :mrgreen:
NotBothered

who could actually see a question amongst all the crap from people

even that last thing complaining about PF - seriously just stop using Betfair then - because that is what they use in their models.

my model picks 3 runners in a race that it thinks will run 1st 2nd and 3rd - but it picks the races based on criteria where it thinks the greatest edge lies
so therefore it does not bet every race - even though it has selections in every race.

I allow it to bet when its selections match the actual results and when they do not I do not allow the bets to process - until the results return to what my projection says

so for 3 dog dutching this works for me - but this approach is not used in any of my other strategies - they bet each race independently.

Dutching is different because the payoff is different -- some of the odds taken in dutching would not be touched in other strategies - so it needs a slightly different approach in my opinion and from the results I see - this works well.

Personally I do not care - how you want to bet your Dutching Strategy - if you have a better way - perfectly fine - you make more than me - no problem .. All I am saying is for the risk/reward being different I prefer my way... I spent a grand total of 2.5 weeks on Dutching and the only reason I even started looking at it - was because of the comments in the thread.
NotBothered

Again someone who takes things out of context

it takes 2 data sources - variables and filters are different thing altogether

honestly like I said -- if you want a forum of 10 people keep it up - because that is all there will be if you do not start providing solutions and not silly comments that waste peoples time.
NotBothered

here is the thing right - people always say - can you beat blackjack - can you beat roulette ?

the answer you want is no its impossible the game is not designed for people to win.

But the truth is there are people - who are not card counters that beat blackjack -- and I know one that never loses.

However he is no ordinary person - the guy worked hard - made an impossible amount of money to achieve in anyones lifetime - and his life is all over the internet.

So you just gotta say to yourself - stop trying to prove a small point - it may mean something to you - but it means nothing to others.

There is a whole world out there - where the rules that apply to me or you -- do not apply to them.
Euler

You still didn't have the courtesy to answer sniffers perfectly sensible question.
sniffer66

Euler wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 pm
You still didn't have the courtesy to answer sniffers perfectly sensible question.
Thanks Peter

And if you do NB, please start using the quote facility here (in each post)
Capture.JPG
Unless you do no-one has a clue who you are responding to !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
decomez6

NotBothered wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:50 pm
here is the thing right - people always say - can you beat blackjack - can you beat roulette ?

the answer you want is no its impossible the game is not designed for people to win.
you mean Dutching in the BF Exchange is designed with an inherent loop hole ?...a way to win and STAY ON TOP ?

But the truth is there are people - who are not card counters that beat blackjack -- and I know one that never loses.

However he is no ordinary person - the guy worked hard

There is a whole world out there - where the rules that apply to me or you -- do not apply to them.
i told you STOP appealing to Authority ! its a LOGICAL FALLACY

Again someone who takes things out of context ...it takes 2 data sources - variables and filters are different thing altogether

the two data sources complement each other or do they contradict each other ? ...
once you answer that question the big picture emerges .

-----once you zoom out from the micro filters and the micro variables , your data sources form the Macro variables BLACK or RED , YING or YANG...this is the contextt.----

AS for your dutching 1st . 2nd & 3rd favs ..... , NO need for 'BIG' brother data sources .
----its a known fact : bet ON ALLthe front 3 runners , on ALL Races , based on their BSP .. you win just under 70 % of the times. no rocket science.---

--add in one more variable or a filter eg... BSP limit, race type, etc and you easily hit the 80 % mark.....

your system is only as good as your EV ,SR% and Risk to Reward .... give the forum a glimpse then all is taken with a pinch of salt.
NotBothered

OK

it is clear that you and I cannot communicate - because no matter what I say - your way is the right way and there is no other.

You fail to realize that there is a lot of things you do not know or understand.

Probably best we leave it there because - neither of us would be satisfied - me with your answer -- nor you with mine.
sniffer66

Still waiting
arch4672

sniffer66 wrote:
Ok, I'll wade in

Can you please answer this question?

Return to “General discussion”