How to plot chart using history list?

A place to discuss anything.
Brovashift

Hi all,

Im just capturing prices in a tennis match using history lists to plot them on a chart later, but how do I go about doing that? To plot on a chart do I have to have the "note value assignments in the markets log" checkbox checked, or can I do it without that, because I only checked it temporarily to make sure it was capturing correctly and then I unchecked it thinking it wasn't necessary.

I was reading the blog here: https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/bet- ... ts-arrays/ but when navigating to viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21474 via the link at the end of "Using The Rules File" section of the blog post it takes me to a forum page saying "You are not authorised to read this forum.".

Has the post been moved or has that thread been locked/hidden unintentionally?

TIA
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:16 pm
Hi all,

Im just capturing prices in a tennis match using history lists to plot them on a chart later, but how do I go about doing that? To plot on a chart do I have to have the "note value assignments in the markets log" checkbox checked, or can I do it without that, because I only checked it temporarily to make sure it was capturing correctly and then I unchecked it thinking it wasn't necessary.

I was reading the blog here: https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/bet- ... ts-arrays/ but when navigating to viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21474 via the link at the end of "Using The Rules File" section of the blog post it takes me to a forum page saying "You are not authorised to read this forum.".

TIA
Yes, you need to write all the SV's you want to plot to a chart to the Bet Angel Log, then as shown at the end of the blog it can be copied to a clipboard
Then pasted into Excel, sorted into columns then plotted to a chart
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brovashift

Brilliant, cheers Dallas.... I'll have another go today 👍
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:35 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Hi all,

TIA
Yes, you need to write all the SV's you want to plot to a chart to the Bet Angel Log, then as shown at the end of the blog it can be copied to a clipboard
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
I've just noticed that on the match I have in focus on my main BA window it is capturing data at my set refresh interval of 500ms, but on other markets In-Play in guardian it is only capturing every 12 seconds. Is that normal or is there a setting a need to tweek somewhere... or could it just be my machine's 'multuthreading' or something?
Changing my refresh interval to 1sec other markets in guardian are now capturing every 24 seconds, a perfect doubling.
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:51 am
Dallas wrote:
Brovashift wrote:
Hi all,

TIA
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
I've just noticed that on the match I have in focus on my main BA window it is capturing data at my set refresh interval of 500ms, but on other markets In-Play in guardian it is only capturing every 12 seconds. Is that normal or is there a setting a need to tweek somewhere... or could it just be my machine's 'multuthreading' or something?
Changing my refresh interval to 1sec other markets in guardian are now capturing every 24 seconds, a perfect doubling.
Guardian will update each market you have in it one by one at the rate of one per second. If you have 10 markets loaded in Guardian it will take 10 seconds to cycle through all of the markets.
If you were to change the refresh interval rate to 200ms then each of those 10 markets will be now get updated twice every 10secs
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:02 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Dallas wrote:

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Guardian will update each market you have in it one by one at the rate of one per second. If you have 10 markets loaded in Guardian it will take 10 seconds to cycle through all of the markets.
If you were to change the refresh interval rate to 200ms then each of those 10 markets will be now get updated twice every 10secs
Oh yes, of course, I forgot about the cycling situation... OK thanks :)

Also, I notice that it is collecting data on the short priced player, and I only wanted to collect price data for the short priced fav (whoever at the start of the match). I chose "in position 1 (sorted by order of favourtism)" because I don't think chosing row1 would work with tennis would it? because the short priced fav can be in row1 or row2.
Currently collecting price data on Paolini v Blinkova and it started collecting Paolini's price data, but when Blinkova took the first set and so became the shorter price, it's now collecting her price data. Is there a way I can keep it pointing at the original short price fav throughout the match? Thanks
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:13 pm
Dallas wrote:
Brovashift wrote:

Also, I notice that it is collecting data on the short priced player, and I only wanted to collect price data for the short priced fav (whoever at the start of the match). I chose "in position 1 (sorted by order of favourtism)" because I don't think chosing row1 would work with tennis would it? because the short priced fav can be in row1 or row2.
Currently collecting price data on Paolini v Blinkova and it started collecting Paolini's price data, but when Blinkova took the first set and so became the shorter price, it's now collecting her price data. Is there a way I can keep it pointing at the original short price fav throughout the match? Thanks
Add a 'Fix order of market selections' rule and arm it to trigger just before the start (or a min or so after the start when the markets settled)
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:05 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Add a 'Fix order of market selections' rule and arm it to trigger just before the start (or a min or so after the start when the markets settled)
Thanks Dallas, appreciate the help....

Just to check, I armed 1min after event goes in play, until 2mins... or does it need to remain armed throughout the match?

Thanks again
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:51 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:05 pm
Brovashift wrote:

Thanks Dallas, appreciate the help....

Just to check, I armed 1min after event goes in play, until 2mins... or does it need to remain armed throughout the match?

Thanks again
No, just needs to trigger 1 time near the start so that arm time is fine

Return to “General discussion”