Elon Musk Twitter Takeover

A place to discuss anything.
Dallas

Now Musk has taken over Twitter and once there shares are unsuspended it probably going to be as volatile as an AW race on Friday evening in winter
sniffer66

Its gonna be Jonathan Pryce in Tomorrow never Dies :D :D
Dallas

Already Kanye West has had his account reinstated, were just awaiting the return of Trump now!
Derek27

I didn't realise he made his money from PayPal!
Realrocknrolla

Decent bloke!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:10 pm
I didn't realise he made his money from PayPal!
You should watch the BBC documentary. He was a bullied kid and seems to want to exorcise that by ruling the world. Slightly autistic and very naive about the consequences of his actions as is shown by his free speech absolutism. I didn't see much sign of genius except for leveraging half completed projects as springboards to even bigger ones. It's not like he's ever invented anything.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:38 pm
He was a bullied kid
Good. :D
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:33 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
He was a bullied kid
Wouldn't wish it on anyone but remarkable people usually have a trigger moment. But it doesn't really correlate with him advocating no limits social media. It's another in a long list of make or break situations and I think this time the party might be over.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:33 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
He was a bullied kid
Wouldn't wish it on anyone but remarkable people usually have a trigger moment. But it doesn't really correlate with him advocating no limits social media. It's another in a long list of make or break situations and I think this time the party might be over.
That was Michael Palin's words (or word) in A Fish Called Wanda when he was told the guy who irritated him used to get beaten up by his dad. :)
jamesg46

🤣
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

I got lucky with Twitter. I had a small speculative buy at recent lows a few months before Musk got involved.

It looked like they were finally turning the corner in terms of features and revenue generation.

I sort of like Musk from a risk taking point of view, you need people to do that to get progression. Lots of industries and economies just die through trying to protect existing structures. So you need somebody to come along and shake things up.

But it does increasingly look like he is going a bit rouge. Twitter looks like an impulse purchase, much like a kid in a supermarket does just to show it can get what it wants from its Mum.

Should be interesting, so say the least!
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:06 pm
I got lucky with Twitter. I had a small speculative buy at recent lows a few months before Musk got involved.

It looked like they were finally turning the corner in terms of features and revenue generation.

I sort of like Musk from a risk taking point of view, you need people to do that to get progression. Lots of industries and economies just die through trying to protect existing structures. So you need somebody to come along and shake things up.

But it does increasingly look like he is going a bit rouge. Twitter looks like an impulse purchase, much like a kid in a supermarket does just to show it can get what it wants from its Mum.

Should be interesting, so say the least!

Looks as though he might bring back Vine in some form or other. He needs to find a way of monetising it a lot more for longevity, and then on to the next project.
napshnap

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:38 pm
🤣
"Karma's a Bitch". But judging by the compensation they got - it's not!
Dublin_Flyer

Saw a good one on Reddit yesterday:
"Please refer to him by his full name, Elongated Muskrat" :lol: :lol:
Archangel

A relation of mine works for Twitter in Dublin. He got an email this morning, informing him he was to be made redundant, as did many other staff. They have been blocked from entering the offices and lost access to email.

Return to “General discussion”