Calling out a competitor

A place to discuss anything.
arbitrage16

I won't name the competitor to BA I am calling out, for obvious reasons, but I just want to say firstly that I hope all BA users appreciate the constant improvement and development that goes on, the endless tinkering and commensurate updating that occurs as a result of the desire to improve the BA product.

I, unfortunately, am with another service and quite honestly the glacial pace of development is so frustrating. I have asked for changes and updates numerous times, small adjustments that would make my life that bit easier and the program a bit slicker, and they are never instituted or even considered. No feedback as to why, why not, no updates on their potential roll out.

I stick with them because it's the platform I know and being a manual trader, the pattern recognition means that switching to another service would mean too much down time. But right now due to a change in my circumstance I would love to ask them to make some small changes, or even better the system be sufficiently feature rich that those changes were ones I could make on my own. But I'm not even going to bother emailing them because I know they basically can't be arsed.

I guess as traders we are constant iterators, so to not experience this elsewhere is always frustrating, but when it is a product you have been loyal to for years and it feels like it's getting left behind, it's doubly so.

End of rant.
weemac

Ha ha, I bet I know who it is, based on my having the same view. I like their ladder layout a lot, but they have zero interest in development, or even responding to queries on their own forum. I paid about £150 for a lifetime license years ago, so that was a warning sign as to their intentions.
Jukebox

I strongly recommend you make the switch and consider the time to make the change an investment.

Your current violin is holding you back from your potential but your familiarity with it is holding you back from changing to the violin that will make you fly
(Niccolo Paganini to student)

Return to “General discussion”