Chat GPT & Generative AI tools

A place to discuss anything.
Archangel

Seems fairly accurate :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
napshnap

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:41 pm
napshnap wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:01 pm
I have a suggestion - take some newbs requests (I forgot where they post them here) like "I wanna a bot with a magic "to the moon!" button and when I press it it should make me a millionaire and then I'll buy meself a fancy golden rocket-car!". Do it and then post its code here and we'll have a good laugh)).
Or be pleasantly surprised, there's a handful of humans who've done exactly that so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility. With bots though the hard part isn't the coding, it's having the analytical skills and creativity to build strategy and that's where I see a use for this. Automation (be it AI coding or betting bots) is best used for what you can't do rather than what you could do.

The future is upon us.. ... "brain the size of a planet and you've got me doing coding" ;)
With bots though the hard part isn't the coding
Oh, Shaun, it's easy for you wise guys with a ton of experience in the field to say it. I had to crawl through the pain and tears, for example, I didn't know object oriented programming concepts and kept variables (now wait for it...) in a sh'tload of textboxes on a windows form!))
and that's where I see a use for this
Do you think it can give us a few ideas? Maybe we should ask it in a specific serious statistical terms.
ShaunWhite

:D I don't find it easy, far from it. I hadn't written a line of code for 15yrs when I started again, and the IT had changed a LOT. Even OO was something I hadn't touched. When I say not hard I'm not referring to me or anyone in particular, just that if a regular one-headed person can manage it (and lots do) then it's not something I'd put in the (really) hard category or certainly not something that needs AI.

Remember my system took 2yrs full-time to build so I'm not exactly a wizzkid anymore. I just wanted it so bad I wouldn't concede defeat. We're never too old to learn.
Trader724

Euler wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:09 am
Been using this for some time and other similar beta's

I've become quite fascinated by it all and the latest iteration of NLP tools has vasty exceeded my expectations. Feels like a came changer.
I think many still don't realize what the true potential is. Limited by their own imagination. Google will have to do something about that or they will be overtaken pretty quickly.
Euler

I think where I have found it helpful is the interaction and structured queries you have with it.

Rather than just googling a solution to a problem and having to read through and interpret it. You can get a query answered and then drill down on specifics and get a pretty clear answer.

It feels like NLP is going to massacre search engines. Feels like Google is in trouble. The age of the traditional search engine is over!
napshnap

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:07 am
...Feels like Google is in trouble. The age of the traditional search engine is over!
I see a huge danger for humanity in that. People can become too dependant and trustful to ai. People can forget that there are others behind ai algorithms and deify it, like "how dare you question the sacred ai?!" (like Femputer in Futurama).

People trade their freedoms for comfort too easily and thoughtlessly.

ps. "Generated by Chat GPT"
Last edited by napshnap on Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Euler

I think we are already there. Social media has made people reactive and a slave to their emotions.

People have forgotten how to think independently, critically and interactions with other real humans is very different from even ten years ago. Empathetic discussion has been replaced by who shouts the loudest.
ShaunWhite

I don't use social media (apart from here) because I disagree with how it operates.
I didn't have Sky because I didn't like the Murdock's politics.
I don't hold bitcoin; altering the entire geog economic system because a snotty nosed kid has found a way to be a zillionaire, or other people want to get rich quick, is irresponsible.

These things aren't compulsory, it's fomo, self interest and apathy on the scale of a pandemic that's fueling all this crap so if you don't like the beast stop feeding it.

There you go, the rantings of a random person who's options mean jackshit and you've wasted your precious time reading it. :)
Archangel

The potential for coding seems immense. I was able to get the AI to produce Python code from simple instructions. The most interesting is that the AI seems capable of retaining information and using that in later requests, for editing etc... maybe all this wont be so immense for software developers who could be out of a job within ten years...

Perhaps the AI could be trained to pass the Turing Test
foxwood

I did ask it what was special about the number 42 and it knew that and told me where it came from :lol:
Golfer

Ha people claiming to use this AI in anything useful.

YouTubers for clicks

GitHub for $

Boilerplate for experienced coders. (At best, considering the mistakes)

Next version might be the one.
mcgoo

I asked it to write me a BF trading bot :D ..just for sh*ts and giggles and the reply was effectively " I could if I could browse the internet " :shock: :lol:
I chucked some python at it and it correctly identified a lot of coding that could be improved and correctly called it as a betting program for Betfair (not a stretch for it I guess but still impressive)..scary and exciting at the same time :ugeek:
napshnap

foxwood wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:55 pm
I did ask it what was special about the number 42 and it knew that and told me where it came from :lol:
Ask it about 69))
johnsheppard

Why do they make it type back to you as though its there typing like a human? It's like marketing people have ruined it already :)

As for 69, it doesn't do sexual things....that was the first thing I asked for...so maybe the marketing people aren't in charge just yet....
napshnap

johnsheppard wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:48 pm
As for 69, it doesn't do sexual things....that was the first thing I asked for...so maybe the marketing people aren't in charge just yet....
It actually does, I read you can convince it that it (Chat GPT) is a fictional character (like in a context of some novel or story) and then it will expand all your sick dreams.

Return to “General discussion”