Chat GPT & Generative AI tools

A place to discuss anything.
wearthefoxhat

Trader724 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:45 pm
Chat GPT is a language processing tool that uses artificial intelligence to generate responses to natural language inputs. It is based on the Transformer architecture and is trained on large amounts of text data to understand and generate human-like responses.

The usefulness of Chat GPT lies in its ability to generate responses to a wide range of topics and questions, making it a versatile tool for applications such as chatbots, language translation, and content generation.

In terms of coding capabilities, Chat GPT can be used to create any type of source code, including custom algorithms and functions that can be integrated into a variety of applications. This allows developers to tailor the tool to their specific needs and create unique solutions for their projects.

Has anyone tried it? What do you think? I use it for all of my projects and it proves to be extremely useful. For me, it is the ideal assistant.

Good shout. Looks like fun.

Just asked it about Xg stats.... :?

AIChat.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Thought I'd play devils advocate....not bad TBH...(You could write a book in a day using this thing)

Betfair.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archangel

I know this is early days but in ten years AI is likely going to be doing a lot of jobs instead of humans
ShaunWhite

Archangel wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:23 am
I know this is early days but in ten years AI is likely going to be doing a lot of jobs instead of humans
Robotics and AI have been taking blue collar jobs and suppressing wages for years, now its professional jobs in danger people might start to care about the consequences. I'm no Ludite but making humans obsolute in the name of productivity and profit isn't going to end well.
Trader724

Technology always has had an impact on the job market by creating new jobs and by replacing manual or repetitive work with machinery or other types of technology.

In the case of AI it is possible that some people will lose their jobs due to automation or the replacement of their work with AI-based systems. However AI can also create new jobs such as the development and maintenance of AI systems or the use of AI to support business processes. AI can allow people to focus on activities that require unique human skills, such as creativity or empathy.
I think it's a step forward.
ShaunWhite

Trader724 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:20 pm
Technology always has had an impact on the job market by creating new jobs and by replacing manual or repetitive work with machinery or other types of technology.

In the case of AI it is possible that some people will lose their jobs due to automation or the replacement of their work with AI-based systems. However AI can also create new jobs such as the development and maintenance of AI systems or the use of AI to support business processes. AI can allow people to focus on activities that require unique human skills, such as creativity or empathy.
I think it's a step forward.
The new jobs are often higher up the pyramid, not everyone can be accommodated or is capable, and empathetic jobs like care home jobs just aren't valued. Fortunately the last thing AI will replace are the non procedural skilled jobs, like plumbers, carpenters and mechanics so if a few overpaid desk jockeys suffer then we might not even notice :)

I just hope longterm it leads to a universal income in recognition that there just isn't a job for everyone and an end to people being vilified for being on benefits because they've been replaced by a drone or robocoder.
ShaunWhite

Bringing this back to the business at hand, I've spoken to a few using AI in their trading systems and frankly it's not finding anymore than they already had. Data analysis is such a mature topic all the tradional methods already delivers the goods.

When it comes to our business I see the future in quantum rather than AI. We know what to look for in data it's just having the time to process it and being the first to respond.
Trader724

The most powerful quantum computers will always be privately owned, as companies or institutions that own them can have access to greater financial and technical resources to invest in the development of these technologies. This means that these private quantum computers can provide higher computing power and accuracy than public quantum computers, which can be a competitive advantage for the companies or institutions that own them. This is just like with any new technology.
wearthefoxhat

Here's a YT video giving more background into it.

It’s Time to Pay Attention to A.I. (ChatGPT and Beyond) - Cold Fusion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uQqMxXoNVs
Archangel

Of course, non of us want to wake the Basilisk :twisted:

https://youtu.be/ut-zGHLAVLI
Trader724

Archangel wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:17 pm
Of course, non of us want to wake the Basilisk :twisted:

Why would such a being be angry that it wasn't created earlier? Why wouldn't it be angry that it was created too early? :)
ShaunWhite

I thought this AI chat was supposed to be smart?.....I had to tell it where to look !!!! :lol:

Mr01010111
what is the api endpoint for gmax gps horserace data

I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't have access to non-public information about Gmax's GPS horserace data API or its endpoints. The company doesn't seem to provide this information on their website, and I couldn't find any other reliable sources that would indicate the API endpoint.

Mr01010111
have you looked here ... https://github.com/TotalPerformanceData/gmaxfeed

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. It appears that the Github repository you linked to contains code related to integrating with the Gmax GPS horserace data API. According to the repository's description, it provides a Python interface to connect to the Gmax API and access live and historical horse racing data.

The repository also contains documentation on how to use the code, including instructions for setting up API credentials and making requests to the API. The API endpoint appears to be https://api.gmaxlive.com/gmaxapi.
Derek27

You got a thankyou for enlightening it. That's a lot more than you get from some humans. :)
sniffer66

I had an invitation to test Google's Bard yesterday. Just been mucking around with it this morning, throwing coding requests at it. It's quite impressive
ilovepizza82

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:59 am
I had an invitation to test Google's Bard yesterday. Just been mucking around with it this morning, throwing coding requests at it. It's quite impressive
Yeap...amazing

Return to “General discussion”