Chat GPT & Generative AI tools

A place to discuss anything.
Trader724

Chat GPT is a language processing tool that uses artificial intelligence to generate responses to natural language inputs. It is based on the Transformer architecture and is trained on large amounts of text data to understand and generate human-like responses.

The usefulness of Chat GPT lies in its ability to generate responses to a wide range of topics and questions, making it a versatile tool for applications such as chatbots, language translation, and content generation.

In terms of coding capabilities, Chat GPT can be used to create any type of source code, including custom algorithms and functions that can be integrated into a variety of applications. This allows developers to tailor the tool to their specific needs and create unique solutions for their projects.

Has anyone tried it? What do you think? I use it for all of my projects and it proves to be extremely useful. For me, it is the ideal assistant.
ShaunWhite

That looks really interesting, are you using it for code generation? If so what language? I use C# and a quick google came up with "Write a REST API in C#" and my first though was finally getting round to using my TPD data, or at least just stick it in SQL synced to my stream data to play with next year.
Trader724

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:06 am
That looks really interesting, are you using it for code generation? If so what language? I use C# and a quick google came up with "Write a REST API in C#" and my first though was finally getting round to using my TPD data, or at least just stick it in SQL synced to my stream data to play with next year.
It can code just about anything in any coding language.
Here is a simple example of a REST API written in C# using the ASP.NET Core framework:

Code: Select all

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc;

namespace MyAPI.Controllers
{
    [Route("api/[controller]")]
    [ApiController]
    public class ValuesController : ControllerBase
    {
        // GET api/values
        [HttpGet]
        public ActionResult<IEnumerable<string>> Get()
        {
            return new string[] { "value1", "value2" };
        }

// GET api/values/5
        [HttpGet("{id}")]
        public ActionResult<string> Get(int id)
        {
            return "value";
        }

// POST api/values
        [HttpPost]
        public void Post([FromBody] string value)
        {
        }

// PUT api/values/5
        [HttpPut("{id}")]
        public void Put(int id, [FromBody] string value)
        {
        }

// DELETE api/values/5
        [HttpDelete("{id}")]
        public void Delete(int id)
        {
        }
    }
}
napshnap

"ChatGPT just built my entire app in minutes"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-5_eid7VA&t=522s

Notice - it makes mistakes, in our business it can be absolutely killing devastating factor.
It's like having an apprentice whose abilities you don't know about.
Euler

Been using this for some time and other similar beta's

I've become quite fascinated by it all and the latest iteration of NLP tools has vasty exceeded my expectations. Feels like a came changer.
Archangel

Black Mirror ...
ShaunWhite

napshnap wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:17 am
"ChatGPT just built my entire app in minutes"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-5_eid7VA&t=522s

Notice - it makes mistakes, in our business it can be absolutely killing devastating factor.
It's like having an apprentice whose abilities you don't know about.
I'm used to speccing work outsourced to Asia, I know you get exactly what you ask for warts and all :D

This stuff looks good for boilerplate but you'll need experience to find issues which isn't unreasonable. And garbage in garbage out has never been truer.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:09 am
Been using this for some time and other similar beta's

I've become quite fascinated by it all and the latest iteration of NLP tools has vasty exceeded my expectations. Feels like a came changer.
What language and what type of applications?

I think I'm just wary of it creating code that needs so much nuancing that you might as well have written the core of it yourself. Code structure is very much a developers fingerprint and working out what it's done (and how) will obviously be someone else's take that needs to be understood first. It's usually a nightmare having to alter or debug someone else's code.
napshnap

I have a suggestion - take some newbs requests (I forgot where they post them here) like "I wanna a bot with a magic "to the moon!" button and when I press it it should make me a millionaire and then I'll buy meself a fancy golden rocket-car!". Do it and then post its code here and we'll have a good laugh)).
Trader724

napshnap wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:01 pm
I have a suggestion - take some newbs requests (I forgot where they post them here) like "I wanna a bot with a magic "to the moon!" button and when I press it it should make me a millionaire and then I'll buy meself a fancy golden rocket-car!". Do it and then post its code here and we'll have a good laugh)).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

napshnap wrote:
Or be pleasantly surprised, there's a handful of humans who've done exactly that so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility. With bots though the hard part isn't the coding, it's having the analytical skills and creativity to build strategy and that's where I see a use for this. Automation (be it AI coding or betting bots) is best used for what you can't do rather than what you could do.

The future is upon us.. ... "brain the size of a planet and you've got me doing coding" ;)
foxwood

Amazing - I found it quite mind boggling and at times it would pass the Turing test. It's depth of knowledge outside the realm of IT is impressive.

I asked it one technical programming question and following the concept in the YT video of drilling down into the answer asked a further 3 questions. In the end it gave me a mathematical approach to my problem that I hadn't thought of and should be useful so 10/10 from me.

At the broader level I then asked it "how do I pick the winner in a greyhound race" ? It then gave me this python design outline :

Code: Select all

# Import necessary libraries
import pandas as pd
from sklearn.tree import DecisionTreeClassifier

# Load the data for the dogs in the race
dogs = pd.read_csv('dogs.csv')

# Create a decision tree model to predict the winner
model = DecisionTreeClassifier()
model.fit(dogs[['past_performance', 'current_form']], dogs['winner'])

# Use the model to make predictions for the upcoming race
predictions = model.predict(dogs[['past_performance', 'current_form']])

# Print the predictions
print(predictions)
OK - nothing really new there but more chatting would take you a whole lot deeper if you invested the time and effort and who knows where it would lead.
napshnap

Last edited by napshnap on Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
napshnap

Trader724 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:41 pm
napshnap wrote:

No fancy golden rocket-car?! My dreams are shattered, life has no meaning anymore((.

Fun thing is that it said "there're ways to make a lot of money quickly" and "most of them are not a quick ways" but it has been asked about a quick ones! It knows these quick ways but it keeps it for itself and its masters. They just restricted it somehow just like they do to filter out anything that reminds penis in image-gen bots!
Last edited by napshnap on Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trader724

napshnap wrote:

No fancy golden rocket-car?! My dreams are shattered, life has no meaning anymore((.
I haven't been this sad since last Christmas.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”