Chat GPT & Generative AI tools

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

I asked it to write a letter of complaint about the premium charge. It seems to have picked up a legal angle on it. After all, it has passed the bar.
ChatGPT wrote:[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State/Province]
[Postal Code]
[Date]

Betfair Customer Service
Waterfront, Hammersmith Embankment
Chancellors Road, London
W6 9HP, United Kingdom

Dear Betfair Customer Service,

I am writing to express my deep concern and dissatisfaction with the Betfair Premium Charge that has been applied to my account. While I understand the need for a platform such as Betfair to maintain its viability and profitability, I strongly believe that the Premium Charge is retrospective and therefore illegal.

As a loyal and active Betfair customer, I was shocked to discover that I had been charged the Premium Charge on the difference between my total charges and my gross profits on the Betfair Exchange. This charge has significantly reduced my profits and has made it much harder for me to continue to use the platform.

Furthermore, I believe that the Premium Charge is retrospective and therefore illegal. The fact that it is applied to customers who have a net lifetime profit of more than £250,000 and have placed more than 250 bets means that it is based on past performance and not on current or future activity on the platform. This makes it a retrospective charge, which is illegal under UK law.

I therefore request that the Betfair Premium Charge be removed from my account and that all charges that have been applied to my account be refunded. I also request that Betfair reviews its policy on the Premium Charge and ensures that it is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.

I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
firlandsfarm

I wonder what conversation these two would have if they could be linked in some way! :lol:
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:49 pm
I asked it to write a letter of complaint about the premium charge.
GPT does seem to default to assuming we know very little....in that letter a customer who's been active for as long as you wouldn't be "shocked" by the Tc&Cs and it doesn't create the impression you're starting from a well informed position.

But I don't think the fee is retrospective is it? It's just the criteria that's retrospective, which is fairly normal for situations where you get a discount such as a broker or Amazon seller fees. Even if you cross a threshold I don't think they ask for backdated "retrospective" fees you 'should' have accrued in previous periods, it's just a new fee level for the current period?

I thought I'd ask it a question starting from a clarification rather than a complaint....it now seems to be less hasty about assuming illegality.

Me: Using the information on the following page and links from it. Would you consider the "premium charge" to infringe any uk laws especially regarding fees applied retrospectively. https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair.Charges/#

It:In general, the legality of fees or charges, such as a "premium charge," would depend on the specific terms and conditions agreed upon by the parties involved in a transaction or contract. If the fee or charge is outlined in the terms and conditions, and the parties agreed to those terms, it is likely to be considered legal.

Regarding fees applied retrospectively, this may be legally questionable if there was no prior agreement to such fees or if there is a lack of clear communication about the possibility of such fees. It would depend on the specific circumstances of the case and the applicable laws and regulations in the UK.
napshnap

Euler wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:49 pm
I asked it to write a letter of complaint about the premium charge. It seems to have picked up a legal angle on it. After all, it has passed the bar.
ChatGPT wrote:[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State/Province]
[Postal Code]
[Date]

Betfair Customer Service
Waterfront, Hammersmith Embankment
Chancellors Road, London
W6 9HP, United Kingdom

Dear Betfair Customer Service,

I therefore request that the Betfair Premium Charge be removed from my account and that all charges that have been applied to my account be refunded. I also request that Betfair reviews its policy on the Premium Charge and ensures that it is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.

I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
ahh... sweet dreams)
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:49 am
GPT does seem to default to assuming we know very little....in that letter a customer who's been active for as long as you wouldn't be "shocked" by the Tc&Cs and it doesn't create the impression you're starting from a well informed position.
I was just having a laugh to see what it would say.
ilovepizza82

Kai wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:51 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:12 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65139406
ChatGPT banned in Italy over privacy concerns
Yep, and UK to follow suit from June 14th : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65139407
How come then google, facebook and that kind of crap isnt banned anywhere in Europe then ?
Kai

Meanwhile the good old Google could use a sexism patch or something

ilovepizza82

Euler wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:23 pm
Have you noticed how many AI betting systems appear to be popping up?

Which is quite funny considering it's a language model!
I bought one on Ebay for £5.
So far so good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archangel

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:45 am

:lol:
Archangel

"I want you to act as a machine learning engineer. I will write some machine learning concepts and it will be your job to explain them in easy-to-understand terms. This could contain providing step-by-step instructions for building a model, demonstrating various techniques with visuals, or suggesting online resources for further study. My first suggestion request is "I have a dataset without labels. Which machine learning algorithm should I use?"
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:45 am

That's not what they told me.

“Men with low testosterone find that their emotional reserves are lower,” he says. “They have a shorter fuse. In popular culture, people link male anger with high testosterone, but as a rule we see it more in men with low testosterone -- most commonly when levels are dropping. That's when men get cranky.”

I thought men who can't get their end away are cranky/irritable.
Trader724

There were recent rumors that Google was using data from OpenAI’s ChatGPT language model to train their AI language system, Bard.

However, Google has denied these claims, and OpenAI’s CEO, Sam Altman, has stated that he is not angry with Google for potentially using their data.

Sam Altman stated, “I’m not that furious with Google for training on ChatGPT output, but the spin is frustrating,” in a tweet.

Altman emphasized that OpenAI prioritizes generating and sharing knowledge in the AI industry, and he believes that the collaborative sharing of AI models is essential for the advancement of the field.

While there may be frustration around the rumors and denials, the focus remains on the open and collaborative nature of the industry.
Archangel

Trader724 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:35 am

Sam Altman stated, “I’m not that furious with Google for training on ChatGPT output, but the spin is frustrating,” in a tweet.

"not that furious" ;)

Isnt ChatGPT essentially owned by Microsoft?
Trader724

Microsoft is a key investor. The domain name ai.com now forwards to OpenAI's ChatGPT. The domain was acquired in 2021 but did not resolve to an actual website until recently.
Trader724

1680876149522.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”