HI all just purchased Bet Angel Professional, Lots to take in :)

A place to discuss anything.
Snapa13

Good evening/Good day all,

I have just purchased Bet Angel Professional subscription after deciding to take the step into trading rather than betting, I have been you tube stalikng Peter for a while now lol but still find switching between disicplines a little tricky so binge reading and watching to try and be a sponge.

All the best guys and gals :)
zippus

Welcome to BA and the forum and good luck! It's a great piece of software and lots of fun.
Anbell

Snapa13 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:29 pm
Good evening/Good day all,

I have just purchased Bet Angel Professional subscription after deciding to take the step into trading rather than betting, I have been you tube stalikng Peter for a while now lol but still find switching between disicplines a little tricky so binge reading and watching to try and be a sponge.

All the best guys and gals :)
Good luck. Get your hands dirty. It's the only way.
Kai

elofan0

use on practice mode for starters
ShaunWhite

Welcome snapa13.

So, practice mode for starters but get your hands dirty asap :) That sounds reasonable.
Anbell wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:41 am
Get your hands dirty. It's the only way.
elofan0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:13 am
Just remember practice mode is only there for you try the features, continued use without generating commision might result in a Betfair account suspension. They don't want unnecessary load on their servers for no benefit to the exchange and neither do we ;)
Snapa13

Thanks guys, I've been matched betting and using the exchange for a while now, so ventured straight into the real thing.
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:32 pm
Welcome snapa13.

So, practice mode for starters but get your hands dirty asap :) That sounds reasonable.
Anbell wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:41 am
Get your hands dirty. It's the only way.
elofan0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:13 am
Just remember practice mode is only there for you try the features, continued use without generating commision might result in a Betfair account suspension. They don't want unnecessary load on their servers for no benefit to the exchange and neither do we ;)
Too many cooks to boil one egg
Snapa13

I do like lots of opinions tbh 🤣, im just finding my feet and deciding how to approach the idea of quitting the mad 60hrs a week slaving away. I have a few ideas and some successful strategies with high conversion rates, that accounts for nothing though with poor delivery as you guys know.

I love the idea that preparation and knowledge are king so another few weeks perfecting things before I become judge and jury on myself.

😘
ShaunWhite

Snapa13 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:16 pm
deciding how to approach the idea of quitting the mad 60hrs a week slaving away.
and start the mad 80hrs a week of slaving away. :D

Just going back to your first post. Trading is betting. It's betting on the size and direction of a price move. And don't forget that even if you have 100 "trades" in a race they all settle as seperate bets and you just can't beat the betting 101 that at some point somewhere you have to be getting value either by design or happy accident. Value is a thing matched bettors never really have to consider, they even hedge the poor value bets they're given with equally poor value bets.
decomez6

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:50 pm
Snapa13 wrote:
deciding how to approach the idea of quitting the mad 60hrs a week slaving away.
and start the mad 80hrs a week of slaving away. :D
lot more time coming up with a trading plan . it feels like every free minute out my 24hrs is spent on coming up with a workable plan while adjusting and updating existing ones.

Snapa13 welcome to the forum .

-if you are a manual trader then you become self employed .
-if you fully automate you become an entrepreneur.

All the best :)
Snapa13

Hi ShaunWhite,

Im currently confirming 2 or 3 systems, which will be great for automation. I've been unintentially trading just on betfair for several years now in the football markets, so my methodology is to get that area mastered for manual (feel I have now) and automation then venture into another area for when the seasons are quiet. Never forgot that realistically need an interest in that area, which helps.
Kai

Snapa13 wrote:
I have a few ideas and some successful strategies with high conversion rates, that accounts for nothing though with poor delivery as you guys know.
Haha, I wouldn't worry about having high conversion rates unless you're a Premier League striker. But even Haaland only has a 33.8% conversion rate and that is considered abnormally high, and he gets the best delivery in the world from De Bruyne.

Your strategies certainly don't need high strike rates to be successful, just something to keep in mind.
elofan0

yep cooks offering advice not to over cook the egg .. :lol:
Snapa13

I think so many opinions is great, I'm always willing to take advice, do the ground work and study (my strongest area in trading in my view). I've been putting it into practice just straight forward betting and being successful when I did this very infrequently. My conversation/success rate is high at about 92% on a couple of systems in the football markets so this was what intrigued me to look at trading after seeing Peter's you tube channel with a couple of other pro traders material. I did find bet angel very daunting at first and still do tbh, working my way through courses at the moment when I can (work is very hectic atm).

I'd like to ask a quick question to the masses out there if acceptable.

Would you all recommend that I learn horse trading as I have been studying it for a while now but have no interest in this sport and have traded a little but struggle to identify the patterns?

Primarily I have interests in other sports apart from football and think I'd be better off trading these throughout the calendar year. Your advice would be strongly recommended guys. 😊

Return to “General discussion”