Forum Account

A place to discuss anything.
Korattt

Is there anyway I am able to delete my forum account permanently please?
Derek27

Korattt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:05 pm
Is there anyway I am able to delete my forum account permanently please?
Why would you want to do that, if you don't mind me asking?
Dallas

The account could be suspended/closed but all posts made throughout its time will always remain
Korattt

Dallas, would you please send me a link or close my forum account with immediate effect
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:20 pm
Dallas, would you please send me a link or close my forum account with immediate effect
It has to be done on the admin side - if you are sure?

Why not just leave it and just don't login or view it then its there if you did want to return at a later date?
Kai

Sounds like a really bad day at the office? If so, maybe best to sleep on it first, if can't be undone
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:11 pm
Sounds like a really bad day at the office? If so, maybe best to sleep on it first, if can't be undone
I may be missing something but if your posts remain on the forum I can't see the benefit of deleting your account. You could just stop posting and have the option of coming back.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:13 pm
Kai wrote:
I may be missing something but if your posts remain on the forum I can't see the benefit of deleting your account. You could just stop posting and have the option of coming back.
Don't know, didn't he previously say something similar that he's quitting trading for good, once or twice? After a bad day or something, if I'm not misremembering

Whatever the case good luck to him
jimibt

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Kai wrote:
Don't know, didn't he previously say something similar that he's quitting trading for good, once or twice? After a bad day or something, if I'm not misremembering

i hope it wasn't a really bad day, as i'm sure we've all had those and survived to tell the tale. i have no business saying it, BUT - wouldn't a permanent deletion of your account just compound any thoughts of the universe conspiring against you?? just don't post for a while and come back when you're revitalised and have a fresh focus.

again, apologies if there's something behind this that isn't being expressed and i'm in some way trivialising.
The Silk Run

Korattt is a very nice person, and has a passion for Horse Racing. I hope he continues to contribute to this topic through the community forum.

Derek27

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:59 pm
Korattt is a very nice person, and has a passion for Horse Racing. I hope he continues to contribute to this topic through the community forum.

You mean the horse racing thread, not the delete forum account thread. :)
Kai

jimibt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:46 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:

i hope it wasn't a really bad day, as i'm sure we've all had those and survived to tell the tale. i have no business saying it, BUT - wouldn't a permanent deletion of your account just compound any thoughts of the universe conspiring against you?? just don't post for a while and come back when you're revitalised and have a fresh focus.

again, apologies if there's something behind this that isn't being expressed and i'm in some way trivialising.
Who knows, can only infer so much from limited context. Seemed quite determined to crack the winter markets the other day "even if it fking kills him" so have to assume a sudden and dramatic request like this could be related, but can always use the self exclude feature on Betfair for a couple months if needed, instead of forcing things, and come back fresh.
greenmark

I was going to PM him but he seems to have gone already. That's a shame.
Kai

Or maybe he left in such a hurry because he realized he accidentally joined a Liverpool forum :)

Nah I'm sure he'll be fine and back in no time, we all need a break sometimes
weemac

Any time I've felt like deleting an account it was because of something another forumite said or did - not because of a bad day.

Return to “General discussion”