Forum Account

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

It's was a very public exit considering he didn't want to talk about it. When I 'left' for a while for my own reasons a few years ago I sent an email. Unfortunately for you all I cane back :D
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:18 am
It's was a very public exit considering he didn't want to talk about it. When I 'left' for a while for my own reasons a few years ago I sent an email. Unfortunately for you all I cane back :D
I suppose you're right, maybe it was a tad bit dramatic but maybe they had a good reason for it in that moment, you never really know what goes through people's heads.

Seeing as they did open a thread about it instead of just msging Dallas might as well speculate a bit or offer a few positive words etc, felt kinda wrong to just ignore it
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:59 pm
might as well speculate a bit or offer a few positive words etc, felt kinda wrong to just ignore it
Positive words for the future is a nice thing to do. But having once gone through quitting gambling for my own good back in 00s, the last thing I would have wanted to hear was encouragement to carry on. I know it's well intentioned but personally if someone has had enough then that's to be encouraged and supported.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:59 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:18 am
I suppose you're right, maybe it was a tad bit dramatic but maybe they had a good reason for it in that moment, you never really know what goes through people's heads.

Seeing as they did open a thread about it instead of just msging Dallas might as well speculate a bit or offer a few positive words etc, felt kinda wrong to just ignore it
They?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:28 pm
They?
Kai's English is famously good .... I'm going to suggest it's not the non-binary "they" but the "they" which is correct usage when gender is irrelevant to the context?
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:28 pm
They?
Kai's English is famously good .... I'm going to suggest it's not the non-binary "they" but the "they" which is correct usage when gender is irrelevant to the context?
Yeah, you're probably right, again, did not realize I picked up some woke habits :) Should have expected as much.

But nobody expects the grammar inquisition!

From Derek and his Grammarly app, of all people :D

Emmson

I seem to remember Koratt wanting to sell all his trading gear, a few years ago. Then he returned. Anyways he is not a toxic forumite so I wish him all the best in his future projects.

Jeff/Ferru/SweetLyrics went through all this and got quite cross that his wishes were not carried out fully. Dallas displayed maximum forbearance.
Emmson

jimibt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:46 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:13 pm

I may be missing something but if your posts remain on the forum I can't see the benefit of deleting your account. You could just stop posting and have the option of coming back.
Don't know, didn't he previously say something similar that he's quitting trading for good, once or twice? After a bad day or something, if I'm not misremembering

Whatever the case good luck to him
i hope it wasn't a really bad day, as i'm sure we've all had those and survived to tell the tale.
Yes!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trap1

Emmson wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:09 pm
I seem to remember Koratt wanting to sell all his trading gear, a few years ago. Then he returned. Anyways he is not a toxic forumite so I wish him all the best in his future projects.

Jeff/Ferru/SweetLyrics went through all this and got quite cross that his wishes were not carried out fully. Dallas displayed maximum forbearance.
Maybe Koratt was another of Jeff's aliases :-/
Derek27

Trap1 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:42 pm
Emmson wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:09 pm

Maybe Koratt was another of Jeff's aliases :-/
The giveaway with Jeff was that he always quoted people after his own text instead of before. He also was full of praise for his previous alias. :)
PeterLe

I always found Jeff a likeable character
He went away and did an Msc in Computer Science and learned to code
If there is anyone Id like to see succeed it would be him
Good luck Jeff if you read this
Euler

Jeff suffered from over thinking things. I know I and some other forum members tried to help him.

I invited him to the office and showed him something that definitely worked, but he kept following up with a lot of questions. I just told him to trust the process and give it a try, but I'm not sure he ever did? Jeff was incredibly nervous at taking risk, which is obviously key to trading.

He always questioned everything and was too cynical in my view. I eventually had an exchange with him where I told him to not try and trade anymore as it was clear to me he didn't have the aptitude for it.

Obviously, that went down like a lead balloon, but I think it's important to tell somebody if you are successful and know what is required to tell them that. Either they give up and find a better place or it shocks them into realising what they should actually be doing.

Anyhow I hope he is in a better place now.
greenmark

Euler wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:51 pm
Jeff suffered from over thinking things. I know I and some other forum members tried to help him.

I invited him to the office and showed him something that definitely worked, but he kept following up with a lot of questions. I just told him to trust the process and give it a try, but I'm not sure he ever did? Jeff was incredibly nervous at taking risk, which is obviously key to trading.

He always questioned everything and was too cynical in my view. I eventually had an exchange with him where I told him to not try and trade anymore as it was clear to me he didn't have the aptitude for it.

Obviously, that went down like a lead balloon, but I think it's important to tell somebody if you are successful and know what is required to tell them that. Either they give up and find a better place or it shocks them into realising what they should actually be doing.

Anyhow I hope he is in a better place now.
I think that is the most astounding post I've seen on here. I'm not being critical, merely taken aback by the frankness.
My impression of Jeff was he was very willing to explore his ideas on the forum. Which surely is what a forum is for.
And I agree that being successful and then direct with your advice is a very good thing. It is then up to the recipient to process that information.
Euler

I've had the same conversation with a lot of people. Trading isn't for everybody and nobody has a divine right to profit from it. But approached methodically and in the correct manner there is no reason why people shouldn't succeed.

It just concerns me when people dig themselves into a hole that they can't escape, either metaphorically or financially. It's always best to be honest and hope they understand why you have said what you have.

This is coming from somebody that 'sacked' his best man a week before his wedding! But that's another story altogether.
Derek27

I've never had the bottle to advise somebody to give up. They'd either ignore my advice and become Betfair's most successful trader or I'd have stopped them from doing so. :lol:

I'm not so sympathetic towards people who are looking for a way to make easy money from minimal effort but I do feel for people who work really hard at anything and find themselves getting nowhere. Trading's the sort of game where it's hard to know if or when to stop. So many people lose or go through the breakeven grind of death where the profit line is just being dangled in front of you.

Return to “General discussion”