Charles Bronson

A place to discuss anything.
gstar1975

What question would Charles Bronson ask ChatGPT?
greenmark

gstar1975 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:36 pm
How do I get out of jail? The answer to which has been blindingly obvious for 50 years. Behave yourself. But he is seriously wonky and preferred to rebel violently.
Now he is even exploiting the media to attain celebrity that he doesn't deserve. I say again would you want this guy anywhere near you or your loved ones?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:47 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:36 pm
How do I get out of jail? The answer to which has been blindingly obvious for 50 years. Behave yourself. But he is seriously wonky and preferred to rebel violently.
Now he is even exploiting the media to attain celebrity that he doesn't deserve. I say again would you want this guy anywhere near you or your loved ones?
I got out of jail loads of times, it only costs £50. :)

The guy's a complete headcase. He once had a violent outburst and took the prison governor hostage over a bag of carrots that he was promised to cook a curry but never arrived!

But at the end of the day, his sentence for armed robbery was seven years. He could have been out at the age of 28, or earlier with good behaviour. :)
Emmson

Chato's Land is my fave Bronson movie, a classic tale of revenge greater than Death Wish unbelievable that Michael Winner was once a promising director.
sionascaig

It could make "I'm a celebrity get me out of here", a lot more interesting.
greenmark

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:23 pm
It could make "I'm a celebrity get me out of here", a lot more interesting.
That is really naughitiy hysterically funny. But honestly I have to say he should not be released. If only for his own well being. He has never shown any ability to deal with adversity except with violence. How daft do you have to be to unleash this guy on the world?
Derek27

He's a fitness fanatic but he is 70 years old now. I can't see him getting into many pub brawls.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:49 pm
He's a fitness fanatic but he is 70 years old now. I can't see him getting into many pub brawls.
From what you have seen in the docs can you see him compromising or negotiating in any situation that ticks him off?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
From what you have seen in the docs can you see him compromising or negotiating in any situation that ticks him off?
No, but he'll get a good pasting if he starts a fight. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:30 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
I disagree. He is a calculating nasty person. He's filled with 50 years of hate. He will already have a strategy to hurt anyone that annoys him.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:34 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

I disagree. He is a calculating nasty person. He's filled with 50 years of hate. He will already have a strategy to hurt anyone that annoys him.
I think he'll know his best years are behind him. But he shouldn't be allowed out without expressing genuine remorse and understanding of what he's done wrong. To ask the question, "What am I in jail for? I've never murdered anyone. I've never raped anyone", would suggest he doesn't realise armed robbery and taking hostages amounts to anything more than stealing a bicycle, and the psychological harm he inflicted on them.

Given that the parole board have a history of releasing convicts who kill within 5 minutes of walking out of prison, I think we're better placed to make a judgement and from the evidence available we can agree that he should remain banged up. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:06 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:34 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I think he'll know his best years are behind him. But he shouldn't be allowed out without expressing genuine remorse and understanding of what he's done wrong. To ask the question, "What am I in jail for? I've never murdered anyone. I've never raped anyone", would suggest he doesn't realise armed robbery and taking hostages amounts to anything more than stealing a bicycle, and the psychological harm he inflicted on them.

Given that the parole board have a history of releasing convicts who kill within 5 minutes of walking out of prison, I think we're better placed to make a judgement and from the evidence available we can agree that he should remain banged up. :D
Indeed. No remorse other than "I've been a bit naughty in the past". Glassing a fellow inmate with a broken glass jar is not "a bit naughty". The big worry would be his solutions to aggravating situations have been violent. Even his psychologist doesn't believe he is equipped to live in normal society. Its sad, but how he became as he is would be more informative. I don't think people like him are born that way, life somehow distorts them into that shape and its hard change that IMO.
Emmson

What a waste of a life, he's clearly got some intelligence and a few screws loose too ...and what a burden on the taxpayer. It's a very sorry tale all round.
Archery1969

I have heard both arguments. But for me, he has served more time in prison than some murderers, rapists and child molesters. Obviously he is/was no Angel but if society is supposed to be democratic, forgiving and believe in some sort of redemption then I personally think he should be allowed one more chance.

The problem will be some wanna be tough man that thinks he can get his name in the papers by picking a fight with him. I imagine even at 70 he could snap most people’s neck.

Having said all that, when he was younger, picking a washing machine up and throwing it off a 7 story building not knowing what was beneath is problem something the parole board are struggling with.

To be honest, I don’t know but I can think of more people who should be locked up for life than him.
Michael5482

Parole denied, not surprising but there should be at least some sort of plan in place so slowly down categorise him and develop his social skills, along with other skills he'll need for release but they don't seem to want to even try to rehabilitate him which is a human right in itself.

Obviously his behavior warrants time in prison but they've institutionalised him that much they no longer have a clue what to do other than keep him locked up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-65112410

Return to “General discussion”