BetFair Historical Odds

A place to discuss anything.
stork777

Hi to all this is my first post, I have a specific matter to ask around a bit with more experienced traders and BF users, so I chose this section of the community, so as many eyes could see this.

Did anyone used the data from BF historical odds, basic (free plan) and advanced/pro (paid)?
If yes, did you found the data correct/exact?
I downloaded all the monthly packages from basic plan on tennis, and in the files I find a lot of data that is missing.
For example: in a match that lasted 1hr20min there should be 80 results x2 (two player/sides) = 160 for match odds, and I can find only 80 in total. Or a match that lasted 1hr53min there should be 226 match odds results/odds but there is only 14 data samples...
Does this happens only in basic-free plans? Or this maybe occur on paid ones?

Also did somebody wanted to purchase those historical odds for certain sports, but find it to expensive? We can join forces and buy of the needed data and split the costs.

I hole this starts some good conversations and we as a community prosper from one thing that we can be, and that is stronger in unity. :)

PS sorry for my english not a native speaker. :)

Best regards
sionascaig

I've only used the free stuff and yes:

- there are inaccuracies
- there is missing data
- there are inconsistencies

(generally, just a very small percentage)

The trouble I had was there was so much you can find just about anything you are looking for and very easy to run down a rabbit hole as well as sink way to much time into it. The take away was the odds data is a good reflection of a particular outcome at any particular point in time and I'm not sure that gets you very far unless you think it is likely the market gets it wrong or trying to get a feel for volatility in markets in general.

I would suggest going up a level and modelling probability of events (mean & variance) then taking it from there. e.g. if footy xG & relative strength of teams etc far more important than how the odds behaved last time the two teams played.
Euler

Which sports are you interested in?
stork777

Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:44 am
Which sports are you interested in?
In tennis for now. Next one football, than horse racing. You got something already?
stork777

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:32 am
I've only used the free stuff and yes:

- there are inaccuracies
- there is missing data
- there are inconsistencies

(generally, just a very small percentage)

The trouble I had was there was so much you can find just about anything you are looking for and very easy to run down a rabbit hole as well as sink way to much time into it. The take away was the odds data is a good reflection of a particular outcome at any particular point in time and I'm not sure that gets you very far unless you think it is likely the market gets it wrong or trying to get a feel for volatility in markets in general.

I would suggest going up a level and modelling probability of events (mean & variance) then taking it from there. e.g. if footy xG & relative strength of teams etc far more important than how the odds behaved last time the two teams played.
I am not searching for historical odds to see how some specific teams played against each other last time.
When you have historic odds movement data, for a variety of team/player on a big scale of time you have history of the sport, and the history repeats its self.
from my point of view that gives you the most wider edge of them all, that is looked trough the view of the whole sport not particular players teams etc.

Return to “General discussion”