Question

A place to discuss anything.
xtrader16

When you are trading the ladders do people trade to pre-defined variables or do you just react to what is going on in front of you?

Which way is better or more consistant.
Derek27

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 7:53 pm
When you are trading the ladders do people trade to pre-defined variables or do you just react to what is going on in front of you?

I find it a real struggle to convert what I do manually into automation and have to make compromises, but if I had a strategy with a pre-defined, open here, wait until this, close here, etc. I'd probably put a bot together very quickly.

The beauty of manual trading is that you can react to what you see on the ladder and on the video, if you're watching the event live.
Michael5482

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 7:53 pm

I mainly trade football and trade what I see after a while it becomes 2nd nature (I'll go as far as saying it's boring as hell) and know where prices should be along with what's going to happen in the market if x or y happens on the pitch.

Recently I have started modelling greyhounds and done the same for football so now put the two together. Model a game which gives me an indication of what I might expect to see and if I see what my model predicts it strengthens my trading confidence and vise versa if it's not happening I'll re-assess. Nothing wrong with being flexible and changing your mind if things change. I've seen a very good improvement in results after doing this.
Derek27

Michael5482 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 9:38 pm
I mainly trade football and trade what I see after a while it becomes 2nd nature
I remember playing Orbiter on the ZX Spectrum (don't know if you're old enough to remember or hear of it) while having a heaty argument with my brother. After about ten minutes of arguing, I looked at my score and realised I smashed my record score! Didn't know whether to start focusing on the game or carry on the argument that got me so far. :lol:

That's second nature for you. Especially when you're trading 90-minute markets, it helps to be able to go on autopilot. :)
Michael5482

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 10:07 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
I mainly trade football and trade what I see after a while it becomes 2nd nature
I remember playing Orbiter on the ZX Spectrum (don't know if you're old enough to remember or hear of it) while having a heaty argument with my brother. After about ten minutes of arguing, I looked at my score and realised I smashed my record score! Didn't know whether to start focusing on the game or carry on the argument that got me so far. :lol:

That's second nature for you. Especially when you're trading 90-minute markets, it helps to be able to go on autopilot. :)
I do remember the Spectrum only had one a couple of years and got a commodore :lol: The days of Target Renegade, Rainbow Island and Paper Boy

2nd nature kicking in shortly when Atletico PR v Coritiba kicks off
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Michael5482 wrote:

Manic Minor... What a game!!!
Geordie

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:28 am
Derek27 wrote:
Michael5482 wrote:

Manic Minor... What a game!!!
Yes, Manic Miner, I was addicted to it - can still hear that music playing ...

Return to “General discussion”