Partial hedge possibility

A place to discuss anything.
sionascaig

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:36 pm

Btw... How do you guys automate and trade manually at the same when your auto bets show on the ladder? Master/sub accounts?
If I have a bot running it usually has exposure limits set and limited to 1 bet at a time per selection so if I start trading manually the automation stops for that selection until any manual bets are matched & if I want to stop it entirely can place a bet well off the money.

Downside is its hard to assess how well the automation does on its own if also manually trading that market.

Upside is that the automation is also placing markers on ladders and can alert me to things that I would not have otherwise seen through alerts etc due to screen management. So if not particularly happy with bot position it is easy to intervene.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Btw... How do you guys automate and trade manually at the same when your auto bets show on the ladder? Master/sub accounts?
I sometimes trade the OU 2.5 market manually while having automation running on the 0.5 and 1.5 markets.
Anbell

sionascaig wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:43 am
ShaunWhite wrote:

If I have a bot running it usually has exposure limits set and limited to 1 bet at a time per selection so if I start trading manually the automation stops for that selection until any manual bets are matched & if I want to stop it entirely can place a bet well off the money.

Downside is its hard to assess how well the automation does on its own if also manually trading that market.

Upside is that the automation is also placing markers on ladders and can alert me to things that I would not have otherwise seen through alerts etc due to screen management. So if not particularly happy with bot position it is easy to intervene.
Some good ideas here.
paspuggie48

sctrader wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 11:03 am
Hi all

I have a question regards partial hedge. I'm looking for a way I can partially hedge my stake. For example I layed 100£ at odds 2 and now I wanna hedge 25£ only at odds 2.1 ,later another 25£ at different odds etc. It's there any way to achieve this with BA? I'm trading manually this.
Is this solution from Dallas what your after?

"Offset in Stages Guardian Automation Bot"

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=12284

Return to “General discussion”