Help for new traders - Focussing on Now Part 1

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Gravesen33

Hi All,
A have a question in regards to BA Practice Mode...
Is there any chance this mode to have only 1 target - just to show us how all the rules and conditions are executed ?
or all the bets, trades , green up and everything else is absolutely real?
The real reason I am asking this is:
I made an automated bot and start doing a test in Practice mode, after few changes it starts to work on the way I was planning it.
So, after having a test on roughly 280~300 horse races, everything was looking perfect - and I was very happy with the outcome.
As soon as I try the VERY SAME Automation bot in real mode.....Boom... it dose not work at all...WHY

I am missing something here or that's the real situation with BA??

I hope someone can make the things clear for me

Thanks
Dallas

Gravesen33 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:02 pm
Hi All,
Is there any chance this mode to have only 1 target - just to show us how all the rules and conditions are executed ?
I made an automated bot and start doing a test in Practice mode, after few changes it starts to work on the way I was planning it.
So, after having a test on roughly 280~300 horse races, everything was looking perfect - and I was very happy with the outcome.
As soon as I try the VERY SAME Automation bot in real mode.....Boom... it dose not work at all...WHY

Thanks
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... ning-mode/
Gravesen33

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:07 pm
Gravesen33 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi Dallas,
Thank you for the quick reply.....
I red all the material & watched the video few times...
Appears to be a different problem then I though...
So, Here I have 2x questions and probably will get to the bottom.
1. Is it possible to run BA on 2x different PC,
One of them in Practice mode and second one in real . If so I can run the same trade in the same race with the same bot to see what happens when you get to the end.
2. What is the difference between having 3x triggers at 3s and 5x triggers at 3s when you have a rule for Green Up.
Thank you
ShaunWhite

Gravesen33 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:18 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:07 pm
Gravesen33 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi Dallas,
Thank you for the quick reply.....
I red all the material & watched the video few times...
Appears to be a different problem then I though...
So, Here I have 2x questions and probably will get to the bottom.
1. Is it possible to run BA on 2x different PC,
One of them in Practice mode and second one in real . If so I can run the same trade in the same race with the same bot to see what happens when you get to the end.
2. What is the difference between having 3x triggers at 3s and 5x triggers at 3s when you have a rule for Green Up.
Thank you
1. You can run as many BAs on one PC as your PC will take. 2 PCs and you could probably run 10 BAs each in either real or PM.
2. No difference except the 5x tries 5 times.

The difference in your PM bot and your live bot is probably with getting bets matched. Because PM bets aren't real, the matching can't be perfectly realistic.
winifred2829

Can I place a manual stop loss on a lay only bet ,I do not want to use stop on opening bet
Dallas

winifred2829 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:48 am
Can I place a manual stop loss on a lay only bet ,I do not want to use stop on opening bet
On the ladder screen Right click on the price you want to place the stop loss bet at

The stop on opening bet isn't a stop loss bet, an unmatched opening bet is repriced at the best price if the odds moves away before it's matched
winifred2829

HI Dallas Thanks for answering I do not want a trade , I just want to place a lay only . When I place a manual stop loss a few ticks above It high lights in yellow but if it gets to the price it cancels . .This is the same as when trying to put manual stop loss on below the lowest price it will not accept it,.please advise.
Dallas

winifred2829 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:35 am
HI Dallas Thanks for answering I do not want a trade , I just want to place a lay only . When I place a manual stop loss a few ticks above It high lights in yellow but if it gets to the price it cancels . .This is the same as when trying to put manual stop loss on below the lowest price it will not accept it,.please advise.
Its unclear as to whether you want to place a stop loss or not as you've said you want to place a manual stop loss and want to only place a lay bet

But if you do want to place a manual stop loss right-clicking does that and turns the cell yellow, when the price touches that price it places a stop bet to exit the trade

If you just want to place a straight forward lay bet and do nothing else, then you don't need to do anything after placing the lay bet
winifred2829

Hi Dallas Sorry , I am in Australia , bookies still have offers ,money back etc If I back at4.5 with bookie and ask to lay at 4.20 on betfair but if drifts to4.70 i want out .I could use stop on opening bet ask lay at 4.20 with offset of 5 ticks but I find it cumbersome . Can I place a manual stop at 4.70.? Hope I have explained this a little better. Many thanks.
Dallas

winifred2829 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:13 pm
Hi Dallas Sorry , I am in Australia , bookies still have offers ,money back etc If I back at4.5 with bookie and ask to lay at 4.20 on betfair but if drifts to4.70 i want out .I could use stop on opening bet ask lay at 4.20 with offset of 5 ticks but I find it cumbersome . Can I place a manual stop at 4.70.? Hope I have explained this a little better. Many thanks.
That's exactly how I understood your question originally so my original reply still stands and is correct

But you can't do anything about the bet placed at a bookie or include it in a calculation as BA has no idea it exists

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”