New condition: Matched bets liability

Help improve Bet Angel.
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:21 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:28 pm
I have tried to change the rules for Backing. I dont understand how the stake i able to change as when I hit Context stake to place the bet it just stays as the same stake at 3 ticks higher as i set it to that, but I need the stake to float 3 ticks above the current price so it never gets filled but the stake is the same as the current back price or current reverse back price and take SP automatically.
You'd need to add in a few further rules for that, there's no way to simply hold the bet 3 ticks away, ie, you'd need to also store the value of the entry price, then have a cancel unmatched bets rule with a stored value condition to test the best price is less then 3 ticks below it
and then have the back bet rule able to continually re-trigger if there are no unmatched bets on the selection, and of course the take SP rule to re-trigger - but it is doable
I have no idea what to do. I am trying to create a custom column to show the current reverse back price which I have done. But not sure what to do next.

How do I get the Auto Stake amount to show in the Custom Column?

Can anyone help please?
Best Reverse Price & Liability Stake Custom Columns.jpg
Also how do I "create a Cancel unmatched bets rule with a stored value condition to test the best price is less then 3 ticks below it"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:17 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:50 pm
Is there a way to place a bet a custom amount of ticks above the current back price but calculate the stake using current back price?

So the liability is constantly changing with the price (and the bet is safely away from the price not to get matched) and then have Take SP always armed, that way I can get on at near to BSP automatically.
Yes, using the examples I posted a link to on the previous page, it currently calculates the liability at the best price but you can change it to place at a number of ticks outside of this and it will still use the same stake (as if it was placing at the best price) - so assuming the BSP ends up being at or near whatever that best price was that will get you your liability.
but another rule could trigger as soon as it goes in-play and submit another bet for the remaining amount so you bet up to your amount
I'm really struggling with this. Any chance you could help please Dallas?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:54 am
Dallas wrote:
gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:28 pm
I have tried to change the rules for Backing. I dont understand how the stake i able to change as when I hit Context stake to place the bet it just stays as the same stake at 3 ticks higher as i set it to that, but I need the stake to float 3 ticks above the current price so it never gets filled but the stake is the same as the current back price or current reverse back price and take SP automatically.
You'd need to add in a few further rules for that, there's no way to simply hold the bet 3 ticks away, ie, you'd need to also store the value of the entry price, then have a cancel unmatched bets rule with a stored value condition to test the best price is less then 3 ticks below it
and then have the back bet rule able to continually re-trigger if there are no unmatched bets on the selection, and of course the take SP rule to re-trigger - but it is doable
Thanks Dallas. Where can I learn how to do this myself? Are there any videos on Stored Values in terms of what I need to achieve this?

Do I need to change all of the other auto files?

I would like to use this just as an automation rule i can apply to markets and multiple runners up to around 3-4 runners.

Also I would like to do a spread entry, so to speak, to hide my intent.
There's plenty of examples and videos on using Stored values but there's literally tens of thousands of things you could do with them so every possible scenario can't be covered

You seem to be jumping from one thing to another in quick succession, the best thing is to probably sit down and write out the full logic of what you're wanting to do, that way you avoid having to go back and change a load of stuff its won't work in its current form with what you still want to add. There's a blog here which details a good way to go about constructing a rules file
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... a-servant/

Then once you begin creating the file if you get stuck you can ask a clear question of what you need at that time with an outline of where you are heading with it and it makes it easier for me or someone to advise
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:46 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Thanks Dallas. Where can I learn how to do this myself? Are there any videos on Stored Values in terms of what I need to achieve this?

I would like to use this just as an automation rule i can apply to markets and multiple runners up to around 3-4 runners.

There's plenty of examples and videos on using Stored values but there's literally tens of thousands of things you could do with them so every possible scenario can't be covered

You seem to be jumping from one thing to another in quick succession, the best thing is to probably sit down and write out the full logic of what you're wanting to do, that way you avoid having to go back and change a load of stuff its won't work in its current form with what you still want to add. There's a blog here which details a good way to go about constructing a rules file

Then once you begin creating the file if you get stuck you can ask a clear question of what you need at that time with an outline of where you are heading with it and it makes it easier for me or someone to advise
Basically I would like to place a back bet at BSP, using a liability stake. I know this is impossible, but I would like to get as close as possible to it and my suggestion is this.

This is what I would like to do:

I would like Betangel to calculate the stake I would need if I placed a Liability Back bet at the Current Best Reverse Price, but place the actual bet a number of ticks (to be determined) above Current Best Reverse Price, then have Take SP always armed, and continually update as the price moves, from 30secs out up to the actual off time, and (bonus) if possible spread the bets to hide them within the liquidity available.
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:46 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Is there a way to auto update the stake without killing/canceling the bet and rearming? If I want to Back using a liability stake. As if I have Fill or Kill bets triggering then there is a chance my bets wont be matched at BSP, if the kill happens as the market goes in play.
FreeBaseMace

Hey, going back to the original topic I am also trying to place multiple bets within one overall liability.

The reason I need to do this is because a single bet by liability often does not get fully matched. This leaves no easy way to place another bet for the remaining part of the original stake. This leads to the same problem as this thread and multiple bets within one overall liability would solve it.

When going down this route I was surprised to find it wasn't a bult in function.

Anyone manage to find a solution to this?

Thx
Dallas

FreeBaseMace wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:32 pm
Hey, going back to the original topic I am also trying to place multiple bets within one overall liability.

The reason I need to do this is because a single bet by liability often does not get fully matched. This leaves no easy way to place another bet for the remaining part of the original stake. This leads to the same problem as this thread and multiple bets within one overall liability would solve it.

When going down this route I was surprised to find it wasn't a bult in function.

Thx
Do you mean another way apart from the original instructions given on how to do this, and the example files that were linked to at the start of the topic?
FreeBaseMace

Maybe should have mentioned this is for automation. I have tried modifying the servant file ASC stake but cant get it to work. Ideally I want it to be simple as there lots going in the program already. Just feels like I'm missing or BA is missing a straight forward way to do this in an automation file.
gstar1975

FreeBaseMace wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:09 pm
Maybe should have mentioned this is for automation. I have tried modifying the servant file ASC stake but cant get it to work. Ideally I want it to be simple as there lots going in the program already. Just feels like I'm missing or BA is missing a straight forward way to do this in an automation file.
+1
Derek27

FreeBaseMace wrote:

Thx
If I want to stake a fixed amount, I simply store the amount in an SV, create another SV equal to stake minus total back bets (or back bets less lay bets / net stake) and set that SV as my stake. You can do the same for liability.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:39 pm
FreeBaseMace wrote:

Thx
If I want to stake a fixed amount, I simply store the amount in an SV, create another SV equal to stake minus total back bets (or back bets less lay bets / net stake) and set that SV as my stake. You can do the same for liability.
That's pretty much how the example I posted works, It was set up as a Servant because that needed all the custom columns to manually set the liability and display the amounts remaining etc

Return to “Suggestions”