Use customerStrategyRef to allow for greater separation between bots and strategies

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would you find this feature useful?

Very Useful
80%
I can see the use but probably wouldn't use it
8%
Not Needed
12%

Total votes: 25
the4droogs

The Betfair API allows for the inclusion of a value in the customerStrategyRef field to allow bets to be grouped by strategy. This could be extremely handy in the creation of automation in BetAngel. It would make it much easier to apply multiple bots to a market, especially when using conditions like "total number of matched bets". At the moment these conditions look for total matched bets on the market - which means if you are using it in multiple bots they interfere with each other. If we could limit to the current strategy it would mean they could perform completely independently of one another.

Furthermore, if I have one of these bots running and I want to do some manual trading on a market, I have to turn my bot off to do it or my manual bets will be processed by the bot and effect it's running. This is especially annoying if the bots are running on a remote machine and you cannot access it at that particular time.

The third use for this feature I can think of is recording and analysis of results. This would be true with both manual and automated trading/betting.

We have the ability to use multiple bots on the same market now, but that features use is severely limited by the lack of ability to group bets by strategy. I feel the product would be greatly improved by this feature.
Anbell

+11
sniffer66

As per Anbell, plus loads
Anbell

And there are even many more benefits than the4droogs listed
sionascaig

+1
verance

+1
Eyesnack

+1
Trader Pat

A definite yes from me if its workable.

If its possible though I'm sure the guys would have incorporated it into the software in some form or other?
the4droogs

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:33 pm
A definite yes from me if its workable.

If its possible though I'm sure the guys would have incorporated it into the software in some form or other?
It's definitely possible. I have coded my own bots which do exactly this. When you get your current orders from the API you can filter them by strategy. So my bots can be self contained and not step on each other's toes.

That said, BetAngel is much more efficient in some areas than my code will probably ever be. So I like to run some of my more complicated and resource hungry strategies in BetAngel
SomeDude

I'd definitely use this feature. Heavily.
CallumPerry

+1 very good suggestion!
jamesedwards

As someone who trades several different automations as well as manual on some markets it would be so useful to be able to easily identify what bits of what profit/loss have come from which trigger. At the moment I use different stake pennies to help identify source of a trigger but when this trade is only partially matched it loses it's identity and sometimes I have to trawl through a multi-thousand line log.

Return to “Suggestions”