Place Back/Lay SP Bet - Additional Min & Max options

Help improve Bet Angel.
paspuggie48

On the Place Back SP Bet rule there is a 'minimum' option but no 'maximum' option...

Screenshot 2022-09-29 100237.png

On the Place Lay SP Bet rule there is a 'maximum' option but no 'minimum' option...

Screenshot 2022-09-29 100258.png

Some of my Back strats are based on the price must be above a certain BSP maximum figure. Likewise, some of my Lay strats are based on a selection being at a BSP minimum price. I have added Lay Price & Back Price rules must be greater than 'n' before event start time but often races are delayed and prices may fluctuate in that added time, which means I either miss out or a trade is placed and then it goes against me. Having the 'other' min & max options within these rules would revolutionise my automation.

Is there a way to add a 'maximum' option to the Place Back SP Bet rule?
&
Is there a way to add a 'minimum' option to the Place Lay SP Bet rule?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

I don't think that will be possible because Betfair don't have that functionality, just min/max as the BA screens show.

Being able to switch your Best Execution setting (on your account) on or off per transaction is something people have been asking Betfair for for quite some time.
Anbell

paspuggie48 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:19 am
On the Place Back SP Bet rule there is a 'minimum' option but no 'maximum' option...

Screenshot 2022-09-29 100237.png

On the Place Lay SP Bet rule there is a 'maximum' option but no 'minimum' option...

Screenshot 2022-09-29 100258.png

Some of my Back strats are based on the price must be above a certain BSP maximum figure. Likewise, some of my Lay strats are based on a selection being at a BSP minimum price. I have added Lay Price & Back Price rules must be greater than 'n' before event start time but often races are delayed and prices may fluctuate in that added time, which means I either miss out or a trade is placed and then it goes against me. Having the 'other' min & max options within these rules would revolutionise my automation.

Is there a way to add a 'maximum' option to the Place Back SP Bet rule?
&
Is there a way to add a 'minimum' option to the Place Lay SP Bet rule?
You could maybe approximate this by using TakeSP rather than SP. TakeSP can be cancelled so you track the market price and if it goes outside your range boundaries you could cancel.

Return to “Suggestions”