Random Stake Generator

Help improve Bet Angel.
rik

britguy wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:37 pm
Hi

Interesting thread, I am sure I am missing something obvious here, but why would a bot placing a fixed £50 back bet at a back price several ticks above the LTP give an opportunity for another manual trader to exploit it and make a few ticks profit ?
it doesnt
Wolf1877

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:22 pm
The reason for doing so is to stop people seeing your stakes and stop you being identified.

Theres a guy/girl in the greyhound markets tonight using £50 stakes. Its easy money for people who can see that. Put £150 in front and you have a nice trade for couple quid.
If you are keen to add a randomised element to your bet stakes to give you some degree of anonymity you could just set up some servants to place your back and lay bets.

If for example you wanted a stake to be randomised up or down £2.50 you could set up a 2 rule Servant as follows

RULE 1 - Set Stored Values
set stored value sv1 = volume of selection plus volume of market (or some other fairly randomish values such as funds available at a price)
set stored value sv2 = stored value sv1 divided by 5 rounded to nearest whole number
set stored value sv3 = stored value sv2 multiplied by 5
set stored value randomish_adjustment = stored value sv1 minus stored value sv3 (at this stage randomish_adjustment should be in the range plus or minus £2.50)
set stored value randomish_stake = stored value randomish_adjustment plus servant context back/lay stake (taking care to use a servant context stake over £2.50)

RULE 2 - Place Back or Lay bet using the servant context price with the stake set to the stored value randomish_stake

For bigger/smaller adjustments use values other than 5 when setting sv2 and sv3 in RULE 1
JAMESGLYNN67

If you are keen to add a randomised element to your bet stakes to give you some degree of anonymity you could just set up some servants to place your back and lay bets.

If for example you wanted a stake to be randomised up or down £2.50 you could set up a 2 rule Servant as follows

RULE 1 - Set Stored Values
set stored value sv1 = volume of selection plus volume of market (or some other fairly randomish values such as funds available at a price)
set stored value sv2 = stored value sv1 divided by 5 rounded to nearest whole number
set stored value sv3 = stored value sv2 multiplied by 5
set stored value randomish_adjustment = stored value sv1 minus stored value sv3 (at this stage randomish_adjustment should be in the range plus or minus £2.50)
set stored value randomish_stake = stored value randomish_adjustment plus servant context back/lay stake (taking care to use a servant context stake over £2.50)

RULE 2 - Place Back or Lay bet using the servant context price with the stake set to the stored value randomish_stake

For bigger/smaller adjustments use values other than 5 when setting sv2 and sv3 in RULE 1
[/quote]

How do I set a stored value to calculate my stake relative to the back price say at 3 sec before start-time?

eg. Lay the field, 3 seconds before off, at the back price odds, stake = back price/10

I've got the formula for doing this on excel but having problems getting bets fired which I think is due to the countdown clock not updating on excel bang on every second, so the clock might never read 3 seconds (0.00003472 in decimal form)
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:52 pm
Tennis traders would probably kill for this feature, their ladders get cleaned out on a regular basis and stakes are left bare for all to see.
How embarrassing! It must feel as though all your clothes have dropped off in a busy shopping centre. :lol:

I've often heard of people trying to disguise their stakes but how is it a disadvantage to have 4 bets adjacent to each other on the ladder where people can identify them as from a single trader?

I presume they can't also work out the name and address of the individual. ;)
Last edited by Derek27 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai

Replying to old comments now Derek? Bored much? :)

No, it feels far worse than that. The woes of market making :)

'tis true though, not everyone decides to be a market taker when they grow up ;)
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:40 pm
Replying to old comments now Derek? Bored much? :)

No, it feels far worse than that. The woes of market making :)

'tis true though, not everyone decides to be a market taker when they grow up ;)
It's not really old, just last year, and the thread's been resurrected. :)

Return to “Suggestions”