New Automation Condition - Moving Average of Odds

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would you find it useful to have a Moving Average of Odds condition to use in Automation?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:31 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 12
Richard101

Hi,

Though I find the Historic Relative Odds function and Historic Fixed Odds condition to be quite useful, they are also a bit of a blunt instrument. All we can sample is one data point at a time rather than an overall trend.

If there were a possibility to set Moving Averages of Prices it would help to define when prices are trending or identify price swing points. One condition could be to set moving averages and another could be to compare current price to a moving average of the price or even a moving average of a price to another moving average of a price (ie 5 second MA vs 10 second MA, has one bull or bear crossed through another etc)

Would anyone else find this useful? And if so, would it be possible to program into a future release?
Last edited by Richard101 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dabbla

I wrote this in another topic but i'll add it here. (slightly edited)

My idea is to give each line of the advanced chart a name in the data series configuration tab. eg moving avg (ma) ,ex moving avg (ema) .Then we can issue commands such as ,if (ma) is grater that (ema) plus x tick =sound alarm. I could see some problems with it ,but if used with the servant it should be manageable.
mono88

Did this ever happen? it seems there's been a few posts regarding automation rules that use a moving average/ema as a value, yet I can't see any answers or outcomes aside from "building it in excel". Can this be added please? it would be a very useful feature.
Euler

It's already in the product in the form of history lists, you can add items to the history list and perform calculations against that if required.

Use the 'stored values' automation feature to push the data into list.
ShaunWhite

mono88 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:02 am
Did this ever happen? it seems there's been a few posts regarding automation rules that use a moving average/ema as a value, yet I can't see any answers or outcomes aside from "building it in excel". Can this be added please? it would be a very useful feature.
This might help.
viewtopic.php?t=25202

The problem I can see with providing charting metrics in Guardian is where do you define the parameters? Eg sample frequency or history depth for averages, or the duration for vwap etc.

Return to “Suggestions”