Amounts On Offer To Be Matched

Good Idea
81%
Not Needed
19%

Total votes: 43
BetScalper

Hi,

I would like to be able to access the amounts on offer at the best back and lay price for each market selection via Guardian automation without having to use Excel as this slows things down and means purchasing addtional software.

This would be very useful in helping to decide if I should join the queue on either side or jump in front/behind.

Example:

Selection A has £3,000 waiting to be matched @ 1.90, therefore I dont want to join the queue at that price but I might want to join @ 1.89 or 1.91 etc.

I have created a Poll so people can vote if they think its a good idea or not needed.

THanks,
Kafkaesque

Great shout. Would go so far as to call it a great idea, rather than the good idea in the vote.
jimibt

i would probably add that in addition to it being a GREAT shout, it is possibly of more relevance for automation, so maybe that should be highlighted.

imho, anyone doing manual trading will SEE this data anyway and therefore would quite rightly vote a NO on this. Automation is of course blind to everything other than data, therefore in that context it's a no brainer and of immense significance..., so it's a YES from me!!
BetScalper

jimibt wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:25 pm
i would probably add that in addition to it being a GREAT shout, it is possibly of more relevance for automation, so maybe that should be highlighted.

imho, anyone doing manual trading will SEE this data anyway and therefore would quite rightly vote a NO on this. Automation is of course blind to everything other than data, therefore in that context it's a no brainer and of immense significance..., so it's a YES from me!!
+ 1 :)
BetScalper

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:03 pm
Great shout. Would go so far as to call it a great idea, rather than the good idea in the vote.
+ 1 :)
mcgoo

+++1 :)
gsa

jimibt wrote:

YES, this would be great for automation! In the ladder screen you can see all odds (not only the best) with the available money to back / lay. So the BetAngel-Software has already the necessary data available and would just make this accessible for the automation. Shouldn't be to complicate to program ;)
BetScalper

gsa wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:53 pm
jimibt wrote:

YES, this would be great for automation! In the ladder screen you can see all odds (not only the best) with the available money to back / lay. So the BetAngel-Software has already the necessary data available and would just make this accessible for the automation. Shouldn't be to complicate to program ;)
+ 1 Thanks for your input. Many of us have the same thoughts. Obviously manual traders see the additional details and therefore have voted not needed. However, BA is pushing automation, so it makes sense that available amounts on offer to be matched should be available on decision making triggers.
ShaunWhite

All functionality comes at a cost to performance. It might be trivial at each step, but if BA exposed all of information it could (commercial license restrictions aside) then it would eventually have an impact. I think the No votes are just as likely to be automation users who'd never have a use for it, as much as manual traders being awkward.

I think it's worth noting too that that figures you want change at an extraordinary pace when markets are active, hitting a given price is hard enough, but spotting a key volume figure is a magnitude harder when the available volume is changing maybe 50 times a second.

It might be an interesting figure to have in quiet markets, but I'd never used it.... so I'll abstain from voting and leave the scrap to the interested parties.
mcgoo

As an "automatotron" :D :geek: the attached shows ..I think...why this could be useful . The money at lay_price 1..(2.9) sat there for a full minute...and it had already moved up once or twice.It appeared to be spoof money but not "scared" to keep driving the market higher.My bot happened to catch it and sat just above it but the price obviously could have easily gone the other way if it was pulled.It would be great to be able to track this sort of stuff and create SV's or signals for when Lay_price 2 &3 are tiny in comparison. :ugeek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Suggestions”