Good Idea
82%
Not Needed
18%

Total votes: 44
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:14 pm
So we are always looking quite far ahead in terms of feature sets when we do such work.

The key thing on your side is that as a team we are reliant on working really hard to stay one step ahead of the market and others, so we will always be thinking like that. We intend to be around for many years to come.
I figured you'd be thinking like that, I was just mindful of your budget and the how the quick wins can nibble away at it. The last thing I'm doing is knocking how it's holding up in the present climate, whoever does your coding is earning every penny, and earning you every penny too :)

I'm just waving the flag for developers there, without them the guys earning big bucks wouldn't be earning big bucks, something I always used to mention loudly around xmas bonus time! Mine always had a few zeros missing compared to the guy who just pressed the buttons I'd put on his screen :)
jimibt

mcgoo wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 am
As an "automatotron" :D :geek: the attached shows ..I think...why this could be useful . The money at lay_price 1..(2.9) sat there for a full minute...and it had already moved up once or twice.It appeared to be spoof money but not "scared" to keep driving the market higher.My bot happened to catch it and sat just above it but the price obviously could have easily gone the other way if it was pulled.It would be great to be able to track this sort of stuff and create SV's or signals for when Lay_price 2 &3 are tiny in comparison. :ugeek:

it would be REALLY useful to have SV's that reflected the size of the orders at the current price plus the 3 prices (back and lay) either side in automation. this would allow the automation to make a better informed decision about whether to join the fray or not.

another potentially useful metric would be to have some sort of STRENGTH index on the current price. this index would potentially be a simple positive or negative number that indicated the mean number of timesthat this price had been hit and then gone onto to shorten or drift. an example might be (in the example above) that the price had hit 2.9 odds 5 times. 3 times it had shortened from there and twice it had drifted. the index would reflect (based on current orders in the market) the liklihood of it going either way again.

might be a tough call to guarantee of course, but with a caveat emptor warning, might be useful...
BetScalper

jimibt wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:06 am
mcgoo wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 am
As an "automatotron" :D :geek: the attached shows ..I think...why this could be useful . The money at lay_price 1..(2.9) sat there for a full minute...and it had already moved up once or twice.It appeared to be spoof money but not "scared" to keep driving the market higher.My bot happened to catch it and sat just above it but the price obviously could have easily gone the other way if it was pulled.It would be great to be able to track this sort of stuff and create SV's or signals for when Lay_price 2 &3 are tiny in comparison. :ugeek:

it would be REALLY useful to have SV's that reflected the size of the orders at the current price plus the 3 prices (back and lay) either side in automation. this would allow the automation to make a better informed decision about whether to join the fray or not.

another potentially useful metric would be to have some sort of STRENGTH index on the current price. this index would potentially be a simple positive or negative number that indicated the mean number of timesthat this price had been hit and then gone onto to shorten or drift. an example might be (in the example above) that the price had hit 2.9 odds 5 times. 3 times it had shortened from there and twice it had drifted. the index would reflect (based on current orders in the market) the liklihood of it going either way again.

might be a tough call to guarantee of course, but with a caveat emptor warning, might be useful...
+ 1 - I fully agree.
tempest_62

good idea, please make it
Dallas

tempest_62 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:16 pm
good idea, please make it
This was added about 18mths ago now, below are a few examples on using it in a your rules

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18645
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18661
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=21818

Return to “Suggestions”