Distinctive Banner for Practice Mode Guardian Screen

I would find this helpful
94%
I don't have any problem
6%

Total votes: 18
Jukebox

This might just be a small thing.

While trading I'll often have BA Practice Mode running alongside my BA Live Mode while putting together new files or 'what if' experiments. The distinctive orange banner on the betting screens keeps me aware of which of my sessions is which - except the BA Guardian screen. Many a time I've made or nearly made the mistake of loading a new untested file on the wrong Guardian. At the very least I have to check and double check to prevent making such a mistake.

Would it be a big deal in a future upgrade to have the distinctive Practice Mode orange banner on the Guardian screen too?
Jukebox

In keeping with BA suggestions I've added a poll to gauge support.
Dallas

I forget the exact reasons but do know changing the colour is not that straight forward of a task and would involve a lot of time and work to change.
jimibt

Dallas wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:04 pm
I forget the exact reasons but do know changing the colour is not that straight forward of a task and would involve a lot of time and work to change.
it's because the tabs at the top are a 3rd party toolset, so are not customisable. The only other way would be to add the same trim that you see in the 1click screen, i.e. [ *** PRACTICE MODE ***] after Bet Angel - Guardian:

Bet Angel - Guardian [ *** PRACTICE MODE ***]
Jukebox

I'd settle for any distinguishing feature - even if it is not a banner band
FrDickByrne

Was about to post a suggestion, then discovered this. I have actually loaded a bunch of markets in for automation testing only to start getting notifications on random matches from the Exchange app on my phone and then realising I'd loaded them into Guardian live! :shock: Luckily, it only cost me a few pence. For what it's worth, what I do now is have separate virtual desktops in Windows. I have one for general stuff, which I've just named Main, then one called BetAngel LIVE and another called BetAngel PRACTICE. The desktops are entirely separate so you can't accidentally Alt+Tab between Live and Practice instances of the app. You need to Win+Tab to get to the other desktop. I had to do this mainly because when I RDP to that Windows VM, Windows has a nasty habit of rearranging window thumbnails on the taskbar so you've no idea which Guardian window is which. Just a tip for anyone who might have similar issues. It's not foolproof; you still need to know what virtual desktop you're on, but it's much easier to check and confirm which window is which.

Return to “Suggestions”