Numbering of Guardian Rules and adding those numbers to the log

Help improve Bet Angel.
sniffer66

I'm not sure how much this affects others but it definitely affects me in much of my automation.

My suggestion is to add auto-numbering of rules, based on order, within an automation rules file. An additional column for the rule number would be the first entry in the rule view. I can see this is done invisibly currently as Guardian is aware of the numbering when copying from another rules file.
The triggering rule number would then be appended to each log entry, as the log is written.

I have complex automation files that have the same SV's and Signals written to by multiple rules and when checking the log it is time consuming to work out which rule triggered the log entry. This is only going to become more long winded with the additional complexity introduced by the new functionality, with history lists etc. By adding a triggering rule number a user would be able to jump to the correct rule immediately.
Anbell

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:01 am
I'm not sure how much this affects others but it definitely affects me in much of my automation.

My suggestion is to add auto-numbering of rules, based on order, within an automation rules file. An additional column for the rule number would be the first entry in the rule view. I can see this is done invisibly currently as Guardian is aware of the numbering when copying from another rules file.
The triggering rule number would then be appended to each log entry, as the log is written.

I have complex automation files that have the same SV's and Signals written to by multiple rules and when checking the log it is time consuming to work out which rule triggered the log entry. This is only going to become more long winded with the additional complexity introduced by the new functionality, with history lists etc. By adding a triggering rule number a user would be able to jump to the correct rule immediately.
+1

Having customizable History List names would be great too.
sniffer66

Anbell wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:25 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:01 am

+1

Having customizable History List names would be great too.
+1 on the list names. I have to maintain a seperate txt file so I know what is what.
gsa

That would be a good thing to have

Return to “Suggestions”