Add Advanced Chart as a Ladder Column

Yes, I would use that
60%
Not something I would be interested in
40%

Total votes: 10
Vovsen

Hi

If it was possible to use the Advanced Chart as a Column on the Ladder, I think it could be very useful

Quick mock-up:
AdvChartColumn.PNG

For example you would be able to add a Column with the Advanced Chart in a similar way as how you can add the LTP Price Chart Column:
LadderSetting.PNG

To me it is sort of counter intuitive to have LTP Price Chart on the left and Adv. Chart on the right.

And there is not enough screen space to have multiple Advanced Charts, even more so if you are using more than 3 ladders and even if they are already made as slim as possible.

Having the Advanced Charts open in a separate window also feels counter intuitive, because they are not aligned next to eachother

It is also harder to react on - you do not see exactly what is happening right now on the Ladder as easily.

If Adv. Chart were an option as a Column, I think it would also be a potential work-around for the users requesting a way to show Historical Values on the Ladder over time, in a more refined and less work extensive way than Markers. (I would still be using Markers as well in combination with this)

I also think I have seen this mentioned a couple times before here and I have often thought it could be really useful, especially with the new Historical Values.

In my opinion and the discussions I had with others on this, it is of utmost importance that you have your eyes on the center of the ladder for certain manual approaches, and to learn how to automate this approach/edge. But it is kind of difficult to keep tabs on this, with where the Advanced Charts can currently be visualised

Thanks for reading and please vote, any feedback is welcome
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Have you thought of using 'embedded charts'?
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/emb ... harts.html
Vovsen

Dallas wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:33 am
Have you thought of using 'embedded charts'?
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/emb ... harts.html
Hi Dallas

Thanks for the quick reply

Yes I have been using embedded charts for a couple of years, they certainly have their uses, especially when the trading revolves around a longer time frame. However Betfair Charts are enough for me atleast, when it comes to longer historical measures.

My main issue is with fast volatile markets or when a trend/momentum is starting to build, where I have to keep my eyes on the center of the Ladder and see the Order Flow, usually within seconds at some periods

There is simply not enough time to look at all the Charts, and the way they are aligned feels counter intuitive. In particular with many Ladders / Markets

That is half of the issue, on top of that, I would really like an extra way of showing (Historical) Stored Values on the ladder.

For example lets say i wanted VWAP for every update in the last 20 seconds shown on the Ladder, then I would have to make a marker for each interval I want to show on the Ladder - as the VWAP on Ladder template you have uploaded.

But with Historical Values shown as an Advanced Chart in a Ladder Column, you will not need to make a marker, for every refresh.

So the Historically Stored VWAP on the Advanced Chart Column would basically be visualised, right next to the where it actually is on the Ladder (Like in my Ladder Screenshot above)

Sorry if that is a bit of an extreme example
Euler

Try the enhanced chart, as this will plot one to the right of the ladder.
Vovsen

Thank you Peter!

Maybe I should go further into the background here. It seems like I cannot get through with my point in most of my posts even though I spend hours on them and I am sorry about that

I am probably obsessed about the Ladder and Graphs in general, and feel a little crazy typing this, but here goes

I have used every Advanced Chart visualisation option there is for years now, especially the Embedded Chart and Enhanced Chart, and mostly in combination with each other. I also used multiple Embedded Charts (because I am missing a Secondary Axis option, but that is for another suggestion post)

I have even more years of experience and a career in report development/analysis, with many external Charting/Datamodelling/Trading tools: XL, PBI, SQL and other non BA Betfair/Stock trading,

I also have a very unique network and insight into Betfair edges and material that majority of solo traders do not have.

Just to be clear that I am not a new trader or BA user, despite my post count, and I am deeply serious about what I suggest.

But I only post here for suggesting improvements, as that is all i have time for at the moment, so perhaps it seems like I am a newbie.

My post count has increased since the last BA update for a good reason. The last update made it worthwhile for me to actually spend time on automating some edges that I did not have time for in previous version, as it was better to manually trade them. Or it was too much work and Excel was far easier and faster.

However this changed with the introduction of Historical Values and being able to apply to Every or Any Selection

As others have mentioned, that is a complete game changer and in no time I had 6 of my manual edges automated - suddenly automation development was 100% worth it for me

So now I have a rather long list of suggestions, mainly based on input from myself and other non BA users, but also from what I have read and saved over the years on this forum.

When it comes to measuring market mechanics such as Momentum, Volatility and Order Flow then the Historical Stored Values are great.

But when it comes to actually visualising those values, along with seeing the money on the ladder, right here and now plus the timeframe that the LTP Chart Column is showing, then it could be better if it was next to the Ladder.

And even better if you could have Transparent Advanced Charts, across the Ladder Columns. (But that is for another suggestion)

Now this part:
Euler wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 pm
Try the enhanced chart, as this will plot one to the right of the ladder.
1. This feels counter intuitive for traders who use the LTP Chart Column, which is on the left. You may say that you can move the LTP Chart Column to the right, but it still feels counter intuitive for the traders who have had it on the left for years.

2. It becomes even more counter intuitive when you have several markets or selections open at the same time because you can only see 1 Enhanced Chart next to for example 3 ladders, or you have to open a New separate Window with all the selections Charts, which again becomes counter Intuitive

3. As an example lets say you have 4 runners in a race, or 3 outcomes in Match Odds, and theyre all around the same price, opened in a Ladder Window. The only non-counter intuitive way to do this right now, is to display each of them below or above the Ladder.

Sorry for the long write up, I will try next time for my other suggestions to just provide a short text and a clear screenshot, that should hopefully save us all some time.
Vovsen

Rereading I must apologize if this sounds like I am angry or dissatisfied with the answers

I want to make clear that I love Bet Angel and this forum and I could not imagine using anything else

BA support is truly helpful and dealing with countless requests for suggestions and questions etc.

Without BA and Peter/Dallas I would probably not be trading

This is just a minor suggestion, that could be useful

It can be a little dishearting to get a few quick answers, but I appreciate them very much!

After cooling down a bit I just hope this suggestion can be considered

As always, thank you for your time

Return to “Suggestions”