Dutching/Booking Auto Bet Check Box To Have Re-Arming Options

Help improve Bet Angel.
Tuco

Tuco wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:58 pm
Hi Dallas - just a quick question which I'm sure you'll be able to answer.

In the Bookmaking Tab there is an 'Auto Bet' check box which will fire when the set criteria is met in the 'Automation' settings.

Is it possible to have the Auto Bet check box automatically re-arm itself? Presently it fires just once when the criteria is met and then requires manually re-arming (by checking the Auto Bet box again). I'd like it to be able to repeatedly re-arm itself.

Can that be done or does the 'Auto Bet' perhaps need a drop-down list of options:

Auto Bet FIRE ONCE
Auto Bet FIRE ALWAYS

As always thanks in advance :)
Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:22 pm
Currently needs re-arming manually each time

Think any changes would need more options than just 'Always' or that could be quite costly, might be better to look at adding the staking options of the dutching/bookmaking tools to the automation editor that would allow the criteria to be expanded to full range of automation conditions etc
The Auto Bet Check Box in the Dutching and Bookmaking tabs when checked will fire just ONCE when the criteria set in Settings >> Edit Settings >> Automation is met.

This means that having fired into the market the Auto Bet Box needs to be manually re-checked before is can fire again when the criteria set in Automation is met again.

My suggestion is that there is a drop-down list next to/near the Auto Bet Box offering 're-arming' options such as 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 ALWAYS or 'firing' options.

As ever with Automation - USER BEWARE! Make sure you know what you are doing and the rules of the market you are playing in!
Tuco

There is a always a good reason for suggesting/requesting such an update.

On 09 October 2020 having set my bookmaking tab stakes to lay £600 and checked the 'auto bet' box, in the afternoon the auto bet fired - luckily I was watching the market as I then had to MANUALLY re-check the 'auto bet' box an additional 16 times, meaning I layed a total of £10,200 into the market.

An automatic 'auto bet' re-arm set to 'always' with a re-arm delay of 0.1, 0.2 or 0.5 seconds would have achieved the same and more in a much shorter time.
Tuco

The 'Auto Bet fired again once this evening laying £1,000 into the market...after which I did another 7 x manual 'Auto Bet' re-arms to lay an additional £7,000 into the market.

An automatic 'Auto Bet' re-arm option with a 0.1 / 0.2 / 0.5 second delay would certainly help me and I'm sure others :)
Tuco

The 'Auto Bet fired again this evening laying £3,000 into the market as I'd uppped the stakes...after which I did another 20 x manual 'Auto Bet' re-arms, 19 of which fired to lay an additional £57,000 into the market.

An automatic 'Auto Bet' re-arm option with a 0.1 / 0.2 / 0.5 second delay would certainly help me and I'm sure others :)
Tuco

In addition to the above re-arming options in the main bookmaking tab, I'd very much like to request that on spawned one-click screens, I'd like to have an auto-bet dutching box next to the back side book %age and an auto-bet bookmaking box next to the lay side book %age.

Over the past couple of weeks when having 10 or more spawned one-click screens displaying different markets at the same time, there have been numerous ocassions that an auto-bet box (best option) or a place bet button (second best option) would have been most profitable when the %age turned green at times on different sides of the book. Load the market into the main tab and select dutching or bookmaking and you're too slow.

The entire purpose of BetAngel is to be your BetFair trading buddy and 'workday' caddie and this is an opportunity currently being missed.

Any questions/clarifications needed do please do ask BA. Thank you :D
Tuco

The rules trigger info in the servants general tab is the sort of thing also needed in the Dutching/Bookmaking automation tab:

Settings >> Edit Settings >> Automation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuco

I posted the following in the new version thread :oops: , so I'll copy and paste it here in its rightful place:

"...yes, I wanted the 'Auto Bet' check box on the 'Dutching' and 'Bookmaking' tabs to re-arm itself automatically and then continue to fire when the user set criteria was met rather than fire just once and need to be user re-armed manually before it could fire again.

I did a lot of bookmaking in the Next US President market and began with £500 stakes which I quickly increased to £5,000 stakes each time the 'Auto Bet' fired - the danger with using larger stakes is that you can get caught short if only part of one side gets matched and the market odds then move away from you.

Once the first 'Auto Bet' is fired it should automatically re-arm (ideally a user set number of times with the option of a re-arm delay, although I would typically use '0' seconds some might not) and then if the market book percentages still meet your set criteria the Auto Bet should re-fire and keep doing so until the criteria is no longer met."
firlandsfarm

Hi Tuco, I don't use the Bookmaker/Dutching facilities (which may be obvious from this reply) but can they be replicated in Guardian automation using the Any or Every selection option and appropriate Conditions or do the Bookmaker/Dutching facilities offer something extra?
Tuco

Hi, thanks for the message firlands - many things can be duplicated and achieved across BA but I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. A simple box similar to the one in the image above would achieve the purpose quickly and easily.
Tuco

I still believe having the option for the dutching/bookmaking Auto Bet Check Box to have automatic re-arming options would be very useful.

Of course it should only be used in markets where the rules very specifically state:

****ALL BETS STAND RUN OR NOT****

otherwise you could be wiped out good and proper!

That said, with an auto re-arming option it would mean that the bet liability could be reduced meaning the risk is reduced on parts of bets only being partially matched - without re-arming it can be necessary to find out what the market will stand, and gradually increasing that liability - as it currently stands you can only manually re-arm the auto-bet box meaning missed opportunities.

This is a perfect example of where automation would definitely help manual traders like myself.
Tuco

I would still very much like this feature to be added to a future release.

I can see no reason whatsoever as to why it wouldn't be a simple but very useful addition to the BA armoury.

Pretty please BA!
Safeway

Hi Tuco,

I'm not quite understanding the difficulties you have experienced when clicking the auto box as I have only tried it a couple of times and not much happened!

BUT I have used the manual dutching and bookmaking tools a lot over a long period and did it all with my finger :lol:

The important bit is that you can replicate the dutching and bookmaking features using Guardian automation. I have done it and if I can do it anybody can......... :D

What I am not sure about is whether you can get the bot to bet when the book hits a certain percentage....? With what its capable of I would be surprised if that can't be easily accomplished.

I won't be following that line myself but I may well get back into dutching and bookmaking. It's totally overlooked and underrated. I think its just not exciting enough for a lot of people.
Tuco

...it's very easy to understand Safe - I want the option to be able to have the auto bet re-arm itself after firing after a set delay rather than having to be manually reset each and every time after it fires.

The auto re-arm would have several re-arm delay options such as 0.1s, 0.2s, 0.3s, 0.4s 0.5s, 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 60s delay.

Return to “Suggestions”