Refining Guardian Automation GridView of selected markets

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would these suggested refinements be helpful to most users?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 3
dlsmith

The GridView in the Guardian Window needs refining for the selected markets.

Here's what I suggest.

1) Refine filtering of markets already added to the Guardian Market GridView.

At present you can only sort markets via the Column Headers e.g Start Time.

If you have added multiple sports e.g. Football, Horse Racing, Cricket etc you could have any where between 1 to 1000+ markets for a day.

Having to find markets to apply the Automation Rules can be very tricky and time consuming.

I propose that the Markets column can be filtered by Text to show markets with a specific text typed by the user e.g "Match Odds", "Mdn", "Correct Score", "Cheltenham", "Liverpool". The user can type text in "Camel Case", "lowercase" or "UPPERCASE".

a) Markets which don't match what has been typed are hidden from the user, are not removed from the GridView just hidden temporarily.
b) When the user clears the text, all markets in the GridView are then displayed to user as normal.

Benefits
a) Helps the user to find markets to which they want to apply Rules to either singularly or in bulk using existing functionality.
b) Should reduce errors of selecting wrong Rule being applied to the wrong market.

2) Refine Selecting Automation Rules from DropDown list in GridView

At present you can only select Rules from a DropDown list in the GridView.

I propose that the user can begin typing the name of the Rule to reduce the amount of rules that appear in the DropDown list.

e.g. A Rules DropDown list containing: "Lay OU2.5", "Lay OU1.5", "Lay 3.5", "A Rule to Win Millions", "Zzzzzzz"

So if I type "zz", the DropDown list should only display "Zzzzzzzz" for user selection or if I type "Lay" only the Rules with "Lay" in the title should be displayed and available for selection.

Benefits
a) If, some one has a lot of rules for different sports, that Rules DropDown list gets very big quickly.
b) Should reduce user error selecting the wrong rule by accident.

Use the examples in this link as guide for what can be done.

https://docs.devexpress.com/WindowsForm ... -dropdowns
Dallas

If its the applying of rules to certain market types that's time consuming for you there is already a even quicker and easier way without needing to sort/search/filter in Guardian
Instead you can use shortcut keys, ie, you can apply your chosen rules to specific market types using a shortcut key, so you could set key 'R' to apply 'Scalping bot' to all racing markets 'F' to apply LTD bot to all football markets and 'T' for 'Server backing bot' to all tennis markets etc

Or you could even put them all on the same key and just press 'A' and it will apply your specified rule to the specified market type, this blog explains exactly how to set it up
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... one-click/

Also if it helps you can do secondary sorts
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=22247
dlsmith

Thanks Dallas.

As a new user, there's soooo much for me to learn still.

I'm getting the hang of the Automation Rules so far.

Return to “Suggestions”