Help improve Bet Angel.
paspuggie48

In the Race Distance Condition there are: -

1. Less than
2. Equal to
3. Greater than

Is it possible to also have?

"Does not equal to"

I have so many instances where I want to ignore 1 particular distance, let's say 1m.

In order for me to do this I add 2 Conditions, a) less 8 furlongs and b) greater than 8 furlongs.

It would be much easier if the condition is "does not equal" 8 furlongs ;)

If I was pedantic and wanted to have 2 distance conditions and I didn't want 1m and 2m, then I have to add 4 race distance conditions, a) less 8 furlongs and b) greater than 8 furlongs AND a) less 16 furlongs and b) greater than 16 furlongs. Usually in this instance though, I create a new rule name for each distance.

(unless novice me is missing a trick?)
sniffer66

Havent tried it but seeing as the distance is in the market name, could you not use a "Text Comparison - Market name does not contain" condition ?

eg. Market name = <Meeting> <Date> <Distance>

If you wanted to ignore 1m you would have a not contain " 1m " (with a space either side of the 1m so it didnt ignore 1m3f)
Last edited by sniffer66 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
MemphisFlash

that's how i would do it.
jimibt

you just have to think a little laterally on this one. by using the <GROUP> collection in the rule, you can effectively use that to imply NOT for any condition contained within.

below, we'd IGNORE races equal to 8 & 16 furlongs as per your example. any other NORMAL rules would appear outside that <GROUP>:

not-in-condition.PNG
I use a similar approach using <GROUP> collections to allow me to use a single rule to target all crossover odds friction points.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paspuggie48

jimibt wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:05 am
you just have to think a little laterally on this one. by using the <GROUP> collection in the rule, you can effectively use that to imply NOT for any condition contained within.

below, we'd IGNORE races equal to 8 & 16 furlongs as per your example. any other NORMAL rules would appear outside that <GROUP>:

not-in-condition.PNG

I use a similar approach using <GROUP> collections to allow me to use a single rule to target all crossover odds friction points.
Yup, as I said, missing a trick here..thank you Jimbit, brilliant :D :)
paspuggie48

P.S. how did you add that text part to your group? i.e. race is = 8 furlongs

Defo missing a trick here LOL
jimibt

paspuggie48 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:23 am
P.S. how did you add that text part to your group? i.e. race is = 8 furlongs

Defo missing a trick here LOL
just add the group start/end and insert the normal rule inside it. otherwise, you can create the rule outside and just use the up/down arrows to move it into the group ;)

miss no more!! :D
paspuggie48

Ahhh...gotchya Jimbit. Sorted now. Thank you very much sir.

Return to “Suggestions”