Feature Enhancement - SV-CSV (market id and selection id)

Help improve Bet Angel.
jimibt

I mentioned this in the release thread for BA, but thought it best to give it its own space as it's quite easy for comments to get lost in such a thread.

Basically, the SV-CSV functionality has added a new dimension to what is possible via interaction with Guardian which is obviously all for the good. the data formats of the file are stuctured as below:

# Column1: Market Name/MarketId.
# Column2: Market Time.
# Column3: Selection Name/SelectionId.
# Column4: Selection Row Number.
# Column5: The Stored Value Type.
# Column6: The Stored Value Name.
# Column7: The value itself.

I'd like to request a change on two of the columns to allow both MarketId and SelectionId to be used interchangeably in the CSV file. This would make targetting so much more accurate. So, we'd optionally end up with an entry that looked a bit like:

1.17658975,*,123456,*,M,SV_NAME,SV_Value

Hope this makes sense, I'm sure a few others will give examples as to why this would enhance their experience with the SV-CSV functionality.
sniffer66

Its a big +1 from me for the same reasons as Jim
sionascaig

+1

My problem (in the context of the CSV file is great - will done all), is that BF can change "names" on week by week basis - the majority are fine but the odd one does change and so the stuff I've build to convert names into a standard format, .e.g. strip out special chars, add / remove hyphens etc has no gtee of success in every case.

Inclusion of selection ID would be a big help...
sniffer66

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:25 pm
+1

My problem (in the context of the CSV file is great - will done all), is that BF can change "names" on week by week basis - the majority are fine but the odd one does change and so the stuff I've build to convert names into a standard format, .e.g. strip out special chars, add / remove hyphens etc has no gtee of success in every case.

Inclusion of selection ID would be a big help...
Just to add to that one. In a major tourney or multiple concurrent tourneys, you will often get players with the same surname playing concurrently. Selection ID use would prevent any mismatches on those.
jimibt

just wondered if this looks likely to make the next general release??

The beauty of making the parameters multi-functional like as per the OP is that no extra options are required for any that already use the current fuzzy matches approach! win, win...
Euler

We need to get the current beta out then we can look at new amendments.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:41 pm
We need to get the current beta out then we can look at new amendments.
ok, yeah, i noticed official release was yesterday, so obviously would have missed that build. hope it makes the next beta release cycle now ;)
jimibt

jimibt wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 pm
I mentioned this in the release thread for BA, but thought it best to give it its own space as it's quite easy for comments to get lost in such a thread.

Basically, the SV-CSV functionality has added a new dimension to what is possible via interaction with Guardian which is obviously all for the good. the data formats of the file are stuctured as below:

# Column1: Market Name/MarketId.
# Column2: Market Time.
# Column3: Selection Name/SelectionId.
# Column4: Selection Row Number.
# Column5: The Stored Value Type.
# Column6: The Stored Value Name.
# Column7: The value itself.

I'd like to request a change on two of the columns to allow both MarketId and SelectionId to be used interchangeably in the CSV file. This would make targetting so much more accurate. So, we'd optionally end up with an entry that looked a bit like:

1.17658975,*,123456,*,M,SV_NAME,SV_Value

Hope this makes sense, I'm sure a few others will give examples as to why this would enhance their experience with the SV-CSV functionality.
in my OP, i had suggested that Selection Name and Selection ID could be interchangeable. on further thinking, probably Selection Row Number and Selection ID would be closer cousins for this dual use.

# Column4: Selection Row Number/SelectionId.

so, we'd have:

1.17658975,*,*,123456,M,SV_NAME,SV_Value

hope this is still on the radar.

Return to “Suggestions”