Automated Bookmaking in BA

Help improve Bet Angel.
mcgoo

Hi-me again. Had a good scan..still here for now so..yay :D I still am an abject failure at trading but...
Got bored staring at a wall and tried this and got it working.The vwap idea is a good one and it works but you have to put protections in cos if the price/vwap moves (bit hazy on how I did this but I managed it to some degree) massively it can hurt you by more than 50% more liability per runner (I wasn't 100% successful at mitigating but that could have been chemo brain so I'll have a look when I have the cycles )
I managed to write the thing in python-not perfect but very satisfying. Be great to see Total Liability per selection as an enhancement sometime

PS: Friggin favs murdering me today with this but love seeing code work so best losing day :shock: ;)

Hope everyone is well and green(edit: as much as possible :) ).
:) :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Anbell

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:00 am
Hi-me again. Had a good scan..still here for now so..yay :D I still am an abject failure at trading but...
Got bored staring at a wall and tried this and got it working.The vwap idea is a good one and it works but you have to put protections in cos if the price/vwap moves (bit hazy on how I did this but I managed it to some degree) massively it can hurt you by more than 50% more liability per runner (I wasn't 100% successful at mitigating but that could have been chemo brain so I'll have a look when I have the cycles )
I managed to write the thing in python-not perfect but very satisfying. Be great to see Total Liability per selection as an enhancement sometime

PS: Friggin favs murdering me today with this but love seeing code work so best losing day :shock: ;)

Hope everyone is well and green(edit: as much as possible :) ).
:) :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Great news mcgoo!
gazuty

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:00 am
Got bored staring at a wall and tried this and got it working.:
https://vimeo.com/364831920

Go McGoo Go - because you Sir are alive.
Trader Pat

Yeah well done McGoo, good to see you're still going strong
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Nice to see you still active and carrying on the fight McGoo

Oscar

Great to have you back Mcgoo. I always enjoy reading your posts, so a big welcome back.
All the Best Wishes

Jackie
mcgoo

Thank you all. Much appreciated. I'm pumped to the eye balls to still be here!! :D :mrgreen:
The Silk Run

Inspiring, truly.
Tuco

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:50 pm
jtrader wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:15 am
I think the problem is counting matched and unmatched bets to combine and form new book.Not only number of them,but exactly which of selection is matched and which is unmatched.
I raised a thread on counting unmatched bets a couple of months ago but didn't get any response :( I solved my issue by a counting loop, storing the count in an SV and comparing it with earlier SV's to see if the count had reduced.

I also remember Tuco raining the issue of automating. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22165

Good Luck
...and I would still very much like this feature to be adopted into a future release - pretty please BA!

Return to “Suggestions”