Race start time update

Help improve Bet Angel.
Luke.B

I think i have read this is a betfair issue more than BA issue, but can we push for guardian to update delayed race times.
Alot of bets trigger during the day and often whole meets are pushed back 20 min so my bets are taking odds 20 min to off as if it was 1 sec to off. Which is enough time in oz to not be getting a proper framed market.
Euler

Bet Angel takes the start times from Betfair, so it's Betfiar that would need to change their management of the markets to achieve this.
sphilipmyer

A book % condition and a volume condition may help to weed out the 20 minutes too early types.
Luke.B

Thanks Euler i thought that was the case.
Knowing that their are so many traders/systems i dont know why they wouldnt see the importance of up to date race time feeds.
ShaunWhite

Luke.B wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:37 pm
Knowing that their are so many traders/systems i dont know why they wouldnt see the importance of up to date race time feeds.
As even events which run to time can be a few mins late it's more usual to use the rate the money is arriving or the race status to determin what stage the market is at. Just using the time will always be a bit of an approximate way to do it. Using those, possibly in addition to using the actual time, helps to mitigate the risks associated with relying on someone else to adjust the times.
Luke.B

I may adopt a bit of a different strategy.
Its generrally most races a day while i am still on a 9-5 situation.
Because of the amount of races i use restrict refresh.
To have seperate analysis running on each race, potentially an hour from start time, to see if it has been pushed back a race might create lag and not trigger certain bets.
I might email betfair and mention. Just in case someones charter is to listen to feedback and help increase liquidity :)

Return to “Suggestions”