Suggestion - Guardian to update markets following Betfair corrections

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would it be useful for Guardian to automatically update following Betfair market corrections?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10
jamesedwards

Betfair often make mistakes when setting up markets which they go on to correct hours later when the error is discovered. A common example of this are with the off times of horse races in other time zones where they calculate the time difference incorrectly across an entire meeting.

Currently once a market is loaded into Guardian any errors will remain in Guardian even after being corrected by Betfair. This used to be of minor inconvenience to me but now with TPD automations it causes the whole automation to fail. As far as I can tell the only way to resolve is to close down and restart the whole Bet Angel program, and even then you have to spot the Betfair error in advance.

It would be great if a future development of Guardian would automatically update info of markets previously loaded upon market refresh.
ShaunWhite

I think unfortunately this below might be your answer...

(fyi I refresh the market catalog every 30 mins so hardly a big overhead I've ever been discouraged from doing, or nothing Befair surely wouldn't expect people to do.)
Euler wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:58 am
Betfair has activity discouraged us from auto-refreshing the market tree. So it's not something we can implement as a feature.
PeterLe

I have this set to 300 secs in my program, never had any issues
that would probably be adequate for the suggestion put forward by James?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

PeterLe wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:23 pm
I have this set to 300 secs in my program, never had any issues
that would probably be adequate for the suggestion put forward by James?
fine solution for an individual but they are probs concerned with the impact of solution * BA users

perhaps BF devs should introduce a new API variable to signal when market information gets updated, then the software can scan for that + the whole tree wouldn't need to be refreshed
Euler

Different rules seemingly apply to vendors. I guess because the impact would be greater.
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:19 pm
I think unfortunately this below might be your answer...

(fyi I refresh the market catalog every 30 mins so hardly a big overhead I've ever been discouraged from doing, or nothing Befair surely wouldn't expect people to do.)
Euler wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:58 am
Betfair has activity discouraged us from auto-refreshing the market tree. So it's not something we can implement as a feature.
fyi, related to an occasional issue I found with AUS greyhound markets, sometimes when Betfair correct a market start time, the market catalog is not updated until the race finishes, but the "in stream" marketDefinition is updated straight away.
tlkjb

Maybe it would be possible to get a Keyboard-Shortcut for the Market Refresh? Then it would be - at least for me - much intuitive to update the market list manually from time to time. Thanks
ShaunWhite

eightbo wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:04 pm
perhaps BF devs should introduce a new API variable to signal when market information gets updated.
It's already there.

https://docs.developer.betfair.com/disp ... laceOrders
Screenshot_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lotora

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:34 am
eightbo wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:04 pm
perhaps BF devs should introduce a new API variable to signal when market information gets updated.
It's already there.

https://docs.developer.betfair.com/disp ... shot_2.jpg
Could anyone in layman's terms please explain how to use it to update start times in Guardian? (I don't know anything about programming)
ShaunWhite

lotora wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:50 am
Could anyone in layman's terms please explain how to use it to update start times in Guardian? (I don't know anything about programming.

It was a just a discussion about what there is in the API that might be useful in the development of the functionality. As a non programmer I'm afraid you can only use the data BA exposes rather than all the data there is.
Euler

lotora wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:50 am
Could anyone in layman's terms please explain how to use it to update start times in Guardian? (I don't know anything about programming)
You can click on the time in Guardian and edit it

Return to “Suggestions”