Cut Conditions

Help improve Bet Angel.
lotora

To be able to 'cut' conditions. Today there are only 3 options: Copy, Paste above, Paste below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lotora

Implemented in the next version?
lotora

We are able to copy, but NOT to cut. When is it planned to be implemented?
MemphisFlash

isn't cut same as delete?
lotora

Thank you for your input!

Indeed, 'cut' and 'delete' are designed for distinct functions. The 'cut' feature enables the movement of conditions to another location, offering the versatility to paste them wherever needed. On the other hand, 'delete' irrevocably eliminates the conditions, foreclosing the possibility of placing them anew. Consequently, the absence of a 'cut' feature detracts from the ease of effectively repositioning conditions.
Anbell

I dont really understand what you're trying to do here. but if you're hoping to preserve the ability to place anew. then you could copy the old automation before deleting, and therefore put it into a library for possible reuse at a later date
lotora

Anbell wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:02 am
I dont really understand what you're trying to do here. but if you're hoping to preserve the ability to place anew. then you could copy the old automation before deleting, and therefore put it into a library for possible reuse at a later date
Exactly, that's what I'm currently doing. My aim is simply to streamline the process to make it more user-friendly and efficient when editing a rule.
MemphisFlash

you can copy any part of a rules file, then paste above or below in a totally new file.
i have done it hundreds of times before.
lotora

Thanks for the wealth of suggestions, everyone. The creativity here is so abundant, it's almost comical—we're engineering elaborate solutions reminiscent of a Rube Goldberg machine, all while I'm just pining for the simple elegance of a 'cut-paste' function.

It's like we're in a Monty Python sketch where the quest for a holy grail turns out to be a pair of scissors. Keep the ideas flowing, though; they could be our coconuts clopping!
Fugazi

lotora wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:00 pm
Thanks for the wealth of suggestions, everyone. The creativity here is so abundant, it's almost comical—we're engineering elaborate solutions reminiscent of a Rube Goldberg machine, all while I'm just pining for the simple elegance of a 'cut-paste' function.

It's like we're in a Monty Python sketch where the quest for a holy grail turns out to be a pair of scissors. Keep the ideas flowing, though; they could be our coconuts clopping!
:lol:
decomez6

lotora wrote:
:)
un-do the re-do button
Kai

lotora wrote:

Calm down Chandler :lol: You're not you when you're hungry

Return to “Suggestions”