New feature(s) to help with Trading Discipline

Help improve Bet Angel.
49ers

Hi there,

Would it be possible to add a feature where you can lock the ladders so that it's only possible to place a bet on a certain ladder (runner i.e. Fav). I'm thinking specifically for horse racing and more for novice traders but also help people (myself included) maintain and develop better discipline when manually trading?

In the heat of the moment it could prevent changing tact from a pre-planned trade and give the software enhanced features (along side safety servant - Take SP, emergency green up and stop losses) to help protect traders getting into a mess through FOMO or emotion whilst developing better trading practices. This is arguably the thing every trader needs to become successful at and can struggle with the most and be the hardest skill to master.

What I was thinking is putting a little padlock icon that can be toggled on and off above each ladder and providing an opaque overlay so that information can still be seen but shows that it's inactive along with the padlock icon being locked/un-locked? This could also be added to the automation rules i.e. Rule Type -> Lock Ladder you could then apply market conditions and use this in a servant or automation rules within guardian. Mock up below.

LockLadder2.png

The other thing I was thinking about is setting a max liability amount per trade i.e. 5% of bank or a set amount. This would also stop people over staking and doing stupid things like adding money to bring the average odds down which increases their market exposure in the hope a trade will turn again in their favour rather than trading out. By being able to set this once the max exposure is hit they can't add any more.

Would be fab if these or other features that could help around discipline could be considered or developed and I think many traders would find them useful?

Be great to get people's feedback on this and possibly implemented into a future build?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I can't see the point of the first feature. Someone who wants to place a bet on a locked ladder would simply toggle the padlock button and place the bet. :)

I'd go along with your second suggestion though, a maximum liability for the market (with confirmation dialog box if you exceed it) would be useful. The problem with having a fixed maximum liability per bet is that you can build up a free bet with small stakes and exceed the maximum liability when you're merely greening-up!

Return to “Suggestions”