Close thread option

Help improve Bet Angel.
Brovashift

Hi guys, here's a suggestion for the next update;

How's about a 'close thread' option for when a thread creator feels a natural conclusion has been reached?
Dallas

The forum is an off the shelf product so comes with its own configurable options etc, so we can only use what's available within them

There is the option to lock threads but that's only available to the mods
Derek27

I thought you were gonna suggest closing threads of your adversaries. :)
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:51 am
The forum is an off the shelf product so comes with its own configurable options etc, so we can only use what's available within them

There is the option to lock threads but that's only available to the mods
Ah right, ok, cheers Dallas
Brovashift

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:15 pm
A shut up button... :lol:

No Im joking of course. I just feel that sometimes threads can reach a natural conclusion and could be closed to make them more useful to future readers. I think threads can grow too much sometimes to the point nobody really wants to read through the whole thing and so you find additional advice being added that doesnt necessarily contribute to the advice already given. Even contradicts sometimes creating confusion.
Kai

Brovashift wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:15 pm
A shut up button... :lol:
Technically the 'Unsubscribe topic' button can work as a shut up button, if you don't want to receive thread notifications about new posts. Obviously, you automatically get "subscribed" to any thread soon as you post to it.

Alternatively, if you really insist on closing a thread you can always try asking the admins, although I personally don't really see the point in it, unless a thread gets out of hand for other reasons.
Trader Pat

Brovashift wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:27 pm
I think threads can grow too much sometimes to the point nobody really wants to read through the whole thing and so you find additional advice being added that doesnt necessarily contribute to the advice already given. Even contradicts sometimes creating confusion.
But who is the OP or anybody else on the forum to say that somebody's opinion doesn't contribute to a thread? All opinions contribute to the thread as a whole but just because you don't agree with them it doesn't mean the point being made is any less valid than yours. And if two people have a different opinion its not a contradiction its a discussion which is the point of the forum in the first place.

If it was possible to close a thread because the OP didn't agree with the opinions within then most threads on the forum would be very short and very one sided. Some of the best threads on the forum go quiet for a while and then come back to life because somebody has found something of interest which may be contrary to what the OP intended.
Kai

Spot on from Pat, ideally you want as many differing opinions as possible to get a healthy discussion going, otherwise you just get another echo chamber.

I imagine most people post only when they feel like they have new input to contribute, something that others may have missed or not touched on yet etc.

"New input" obviously meaning new to the discussion itself, since everything we all could ever say or think has already been said and thought of in the past, in some way/shape/form, we're mostly just rediscovering and rehashing the same old ideas and concepts.
decomez6

Brovashift wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:54 am
a 'close thread' option for when a thread creator feels a natural conclusion has been reached?
~# is Trading a
self employment venture ? Or , a business investment opportunity ?

a natural conclusion to that question depends on the outlook of the trader .

a good Thread should be left to take a natural organic life span ~#"trading what i see" is a good example .

Return to “Suggestions”