Help improve Bet Angel.

Separate Shortcuts to Launch BA in Live/Practice Mode

Yes, I think this would be useful
38%
No, I'm fine with manually changing it on login
63%

Total votes: 8
FrDickByrne

I'd like to suggest the option to have separate shortcuts to launch BA in either Live or Practice Mode, maybe with different icons to quickly distinguish the two. I frequently forget to change the selected mode on login and have to log out and do it again!
ODPaul82

I've put no but it would be good to have various command line parameters to trigger such things which could be setup in a batch file for example.
Betangel.exe /live /layout:tennis /staking:tennis
Derek27

Two minds about it. Clicking a radio button isn't much trouble but I'm sick of logging in and forgetting to select practice mode, sometimes 2-3 times in succession. That said, with two desktop icons I'd probably double-click the live mode icon out of habit. :)
Geordie

I'd prefer the ability to switch from Live to Practice mode within BA, as long as the visual difference between Live and Practise was really obvious.
Kai

Geordie wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:50 am
I'd prefer the ability to switch from Live to Practice mode within BA, as long as the visual difference between Live and Practise was really obvious.
That honestly sounds like a recipe for disaster

OP literally said he "forgets to change the selected mode" ... and yet he openly suggests such features :?
Geordie

Kai wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:58 pm
Geordie wrote:
It wouldn't be a disaster for me, hence why I suggested it. As long as the mode selection was verified and visually it was obvious to what mode BA was in, then that works for me.
ShaunWhite

Trading is about diligence, mindfulness and making mistakes once, I understand the convenience, but I do wonder about people who can't get through the login screen without making a mistake. ;)
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:58 pm
Geordie wrote:

OP literally said he "forgets to change the selected mode" ... and yet he openly suggests such features :?
I often forget to change mode but I realise it straight away, quickly log out and back in, again forgetting to switch mode.

Rather than idiot-proofing the software, I need to stop being an idiot. :)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:31 pm
Rather than idiot-proofing the software, I need to stop being an idiot. :)
Well, everyone knows a tool is only as good as the tool using it :)

Although you do occasionally trade whilst inebriated, should probably stop that nonsense before you try to lay the draw on a tennis match one evening ;)

Or consider turning on the bet confirmation popup when having a drink, there's a random idea 🍻
FrDickByrne

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:48 pm
I've put no but it would be good to have various command line parameters to trigger such things which could be setup in a batch file for example.
Betangel.exe /live /layout:tennis /staking:tennis
Yeah, I'm fine with command line parameters, that's basically what I was getting at. Happy to make my own custom shortcuts. Extra options like you've suggested would be really useful. Maybe I should've created a poll for command line parameters instead!

And yeah, maybe I shouldn't make the mistake. Generally, I start with the intention of, for example, using practice mode. Then I'm off to copy and paste the password in from my password manager and get an MFA code and I just instinctively hit Enter when I've typed that in before changing the mode. It's a habit from 25+ years of using computers!

What might actually help is if the radio button always defaulted to one or the other, instead of the last mode you used. Or perhaps a dialog to choose the mode before the login dialog loads. And maybe a colour change to the login screen like the orange banner when you select practice mode.

Return to “Suggestions”