Disabling unnecessary market refresh

Poll ended at Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:53 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 4
Derek27

Would it be useful to have the option to disable refreshing markets in Guardian where no automation is running?

This would include markets with automation where the "Stop This Servant" rule has been fired. The idea is that once you've finished with a market, which could be early in the event, you could improve the refresh rates for the rest of the loaded markets.

Edit: I've just realised the stop this servant rule doesn't work in Guardian. :oops: :lol:
jamesedwards

I would rather see a refresh management system where you could control market refresh priorities within the rulesfile itself.
Derek27

The manual says the stop this servant rule only applies to servants, but I've just done a test in Guardian and it appears to stop rules from firing.
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:08 pm
I would rather see a refresh management system where you could control market refresh priorities within the rulesfile itself.
Are you talking about controlling the overall refresh rate within a rules file or controlling the refresh rate for that particular rules file?
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:40 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Are you talking about controlling the overall refresh rate within a rules file or controlling the refresh rate for that particular rules file?
I'm imagining some sort of priority refresh system like 'high', 'normal', 'low', and 'off'. You could set these in Guardian, but more usefully within individual rules files based on certain conditions. Guardian would then refresh those marked as 'high' priority with greater frequency compared to those marked 'normal' or 'low'. Markets marked 'off' would be removed from refresh completely so you could stop Guardian wasting time cycling through markets that you are no longer trading.

For example, I do lots of pre-off football trading and I would love to be able to move markets to a higher refresh frequency as kick-off approaches, and then remove them from refresh completely as soon as the match goes in-play.
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:49 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:40 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
I'm imagining some sort of priority refresh system like 'high', 'normal', 'low', and 'off'. You could set these in Guardian, but more usefully within individual rules files based on certain conditions. Guardian would then refresh those marked as 'high' priority with greater frequency compared to those marked 'normal' or 'low'. Markets marked 'off' would be removed from refresh completely so you could stop Guardian wasting time cycling through markets that you are no longer trading.

For example, I do lots of pre-off football trading and I would love to be able to move markets to a higher refresh frequency as kick-off approaches, and then remove them from refresh completely as soon as the match goes in-play.
Yeah, I'd go along with that.
sniffer66

Just as a thought, you could do something similar using the BA API. For example, I don't need any footy markets after KO, where my automation hasn't made a pre kick off entry. By setting an SV when there is no entry, you could retrieve the market ID and it's SV's via the API, then if the SV has the correct value ,post an API entry to remove that market from Guardian
Derek27

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:45 pm
Just as a thought, you could do something similar using the BA API. For example, I don't need any footy markets after KO, where my automation hasn't made a pre kick off entry. By setting an SV when there is no entry, you could retrieve the market ID and it's SV's via the API, then if the SV has the correct value ,post an API entry to remove that market from Guardian
I do that when I'm using Excel automation. The API is in its infancy and they're gonna be adding more features so hopefully there may be a rule that allows you to make API calls using SVs.
sniffer66

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:03 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
I do that when I'm using Excel automation. The API is in its infancy and they're gonna be adding more features so hopefully there may be a rule that allows you to make API calls using SVs.
I may have misunderstood your meaning Derek but you can retrieve and set SV's in the API already
Derek27

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:36 pm
Derek27 wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:
I may have misunderstood your meaning Derek but you can retrieve and set SV's in the API already
Do you mean having VBA or other code running in the background making calls to the API?

I suppose that would be easy enough.
sniffer66

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:20 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:36 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Do you mean having VBA or other code running in the background making calls to the API?

I suppose that would be easy enough.
Yeah, exactly. That's what I do. So retrieve all markets and all SV's in code via the API, if the entry SV isnt set on a market, then get it's market ID and make an API call to remove that market ID from Guardian

Return to “Suggestions”