Help improve Bet Angel.

Would you find this useful?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 7
jamesedwards

As someone who has automation running 24/7 I would find it extremely useful to add ability to email (or even text-to-mobile) alert messages in the 'Alert' rule type parameters.
sniffer66

Personally I think something like Telegram integration would be better. Then you aren't relying on multiple providers to create a solution.
jamesedwards

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:47 pm
Personally I think something like Telegram integration would be better. Then you aren't relying on multiple providers to create a solution.
Yes, any sort of mobile app integration would be preferred. I'm assuming an automated email or text would be a more realistic first step though. :mrgreen:
ShaunWhite

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:43 pm
As someone who has automation running 24/7 I would find it extremely useful to add ability to email (or even text-to-mobile) alert messages in the 'Alert' rule type parameters.
You could do it via Excel VBA? (code courtesy of chatGPT) It's dead easy to overload yourself with a thousand emails a second though so be careful :shock:

Code: Select all

Sub SendEmail()
    Dim OutlookApp As Object
    Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Dim OutlookMail As Object
    Set OutlookMail = OutlookApp.CreateItem(0)
    With OutlookMail
        .To = "[email protected]"
        .Subject = "Subject Line"
        .Body = "Email Body"
        .Send
    End With
    Set OutlookMail = Nothing
    Set OutlookApp = Nothing
End Sub
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniffer66

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:07 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:43 pm
You could do it via Excel VBA? (code courtesy of chatGPT) It's dead easy to flame yourself though so be careful :shock:

Code: Select all

Sub SendEmail()
    Dim OutlookApp As Object
    Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Dim OutlookMail As Object
    Set OutlookMail = OutlookApp.CreateItem(0)
    With OutlookMail
        .To = "[email protected]"
        .Subject = "Subject Line"
        .Body = "Email Body"
        .Send
    End With
    Set OutlookMail = Nothing
    Set OutlookApp = Nothing
End Sub
I've toyed with the idea of using Auto-It\AutoHotkey to detect the BA alert window, grab the text and send it in a mail before. Not gotten around to it though as I just tend to use my mobile to VNC to my desktop
ShaunWhite

You can send WhatsApp messages from vba as well.

I remember 'back in the day' getting Guardian and Excel to place various amounts at various out of the money prices to create a crude protocol for passing information to each other. I guess you could do that with SVs now somehow but I don't know what the latest BA version can do in much detail (as Dallas found out today ;) ) I've asolutely no recollection now of how I did it or why really, these things are often more effort than their worth or just massive scope creep from just needing a box that flashes.
tlkjb

Instead of Excel you could also use the API for that purpose

Return to “Suggestions”