Refresh Speed in Excel

Help improve Bet Angel.
Nero Tulip

The ability to alter the refresh speed via excel would be a very neat feature. And perhaps other program features too.. (Not sure it's even possible though)
PeterLe

Hi Nero,
I started using the new Guardian features yesterday and had the multiple spreadsheet open (I had 32 worksheets open)...and I noticed that it had a slow refresh rate..I had the program switching the next rate 1 second before the off...

I dont know if any of the betangel developers are on this forum..but if you are could you clarify whether the refresh rate is slowed down by the more worksheets it has open? I suspect that it is, but I just wondered to what extent?
If so, if there a better way I could use this (the excel file I use only trades during in running, so I am not bothered about it constantly monitoring all 32 markets)...but I want to be able to set it up in the morning and not looking at it agin till the evening...

Thanks
Peter
PS If any of the developers are reading this..the new guardian feature is awesome!!..congatulations guys!!
Nero Tulip

The guardian feature is superb, I was fortunate enough to test it before it was available for download, it really has made a huge difference.
andyfuller

What kind of things do you guys use Guardian for? I cant think of anything where it would be of use to me which makes me think I am missing something.
Nero Tulip

andyfuller wrote:What kind of things do you guys use Guardian for? I cant think of anything where it would be of use to me which makes me think I am missing something.
Betting many markets throughout the day using excel & setting it up to switch to each 3-5 minutes before each of them goes 'off'. Now I don't have to sit here every day switching to the next market manually, set it up in the morning and Robert's yer Uncle - a whole days coverage, loads more bets, many more 'edges'.
andyfuller

So you have a 'bot' running to trade for you?
PeterLe

Hi Andy
Yes it is a BOT...but the big difference is that you write the BOT yourself...!
I wasnt very well up on Excel a week ago...But I am now! What I did initially was write a very simple Excel spreadsheet (you could do one that simply puts a trade in and then offsets it back at one tick) reasonably safe stuff...(maybe just do it on one row ie the favorite...)if that works for you you could copy the commands to include all runners...
What I did then was to create a simple macro that clears all the status field (See one of the other posts for how to do that)...
If the spreadsheet works...then copy the worksheet for as many races as there during the day.
I've left mine trading all day 32 races..its surprising how the small amounts add up!!
If you look on Youtube Peter has put a few videos on there that will show you what I mean...
Regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

"I dont know if any of the betangel developers are on this forum..but if you are could you clarify whether the refresh rate is slowed down by the more worksheets it has open?"

To avoid data charges and the like, Guardian cycles through each market. So if you are refreshing at 1 second intervals and have 32 markets open, it will take 33 seconds to complete the cycle. Of course the other way of doing it is to use the single sheet from Bet Angel itself, not guardian, and get guardian to switch market for you. This means it will changes Bet Angel's focus to that market at maximum refresh rate.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I'll probably move this thread to the Excel section tomorrow.

Return to “Suggestions”