New 'Active Sports Topics' Link

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Kai

It's broken, the 'Active Sports' filter is only applied for page 1 where a few threads like the UK General Election get removed, but soon as I go to page 2 I'm greeted with the gardening thread, beer garden, UK economy and jokes thread.

Those get filtered out only if I manually add the "&topicstldw=sports" filter to my URL. Then when I go back to page 1, the filter is gone.
Dallas

Kai wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:30 pm
It's broken, the 'Active Sports' filter is only applied for page 1 where a few threads like the UK General Election get removed, but soon as I go to page 2 I'm greeted with the gardening thread, beer garden, UK economy and jokes thread.

Those get filtered out only if I manually add the "&topicstldw=sports" filter to my URL. Then when I go back to page 1, the filter is gone.
Well spotted Kai :) , I'll let Peter know and get it looked at
Kai

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:55 pm
Kai wrote:

Thank you Dallas, there's only so much gardening talk one can tolerate!! ;)

I speak in jest, of course. However, I suspect that segregating the remaining active userbase further will only hinder the overall activity going forward, it looks more like an attempt at appeasement than a serious attempt at redirecting posting activity from offtopic topics to sports related topics.
Dallas

Kai wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:13 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:55 pm
Kai wrote:

Thank you Dallas, there's only so much gardening talk one can tolerate!! ;)

I speak in jest, of course. However, I suspect that segregating the remaining active userbase further will only hinder the overall activity going forward, it looks more like an attempt at appeasement than a serious attempt at redirecting posting activity from offtopic topics to sports related topics.

We're not wanting or trying to redirect where people post, for those who want to read and post in all topics nothing has changed

But for those who are only interested in the sports and trading topics the new link just gives them an easy way of accessing those topics
MemphisFlash

again not a sport
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Announcements”