3.05 at Chepstow

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Dipstick

Has anyone else been screwed on their automation here?

The three outsiders have all had their odds suddenly drop from 15 or 20 down to 4 or 5. That has meant I have placed a load of truly stupid bets at 4 or 5 to one and am now showing a massive loss. Is this affecting anyone else?
Dipstick

have been in touch with betfair and they tell me that this is because of a re-pricing due to a non-runner and the market re-pricing. So, does anyone know how to stop the Guardian tool submitting bets in this situation (eg can it be programmed to wait 60 seconds after a suspension?)
Euler

Dipstick wrote: (eg can it be programmed to wait 60 seconds after a suspension?)
Yes there is a time since unsuspended condition and also a number of runners condition.
Dipstick

thanks. Already use the number of runners one - will now add the time since suspension one...expensive learnings !
PeterLe

Worthwhile running in Practice mode until you know its spot on..
steven1976

It can happen in football on really weak markets as well. I have seen some markets often after a suspension for no apparent reason, one side of the book completely disappears and a tiny bet is placed for pennies well out from where the money was and matched. So be careful that you don't have conditions that immediately follow last traded price at times for other sports as well, or your bot may be tricked into laying or backing at unfavourable prices.

Return to “Announcements”