ONLINE PETITION!!!!

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
scottydog

Hello,

I have started a online parliament petition to try and stop punters from being ripped off.
And make more awareness of the exchanges. Anyone who wants to sign the petition. Please send me your email address.

I need some email address please help/

ITS XMAS AND ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Stop bookmakers ripping people off.

Thanks Guys
to75ne

if its an online petition, why do you need email addresses?

surely you just need to publish the web address of the petition.
scottydog

I need 5 emails to confirm for it to be published.

heres the link

https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... /thank-you
scottydog

So when I have 5 emails i can send the link to you. then it will go live.
hgodden

Check the link Scotty it's for the petition author, not those you want to sign it
scottydog

THIS IS THE LINK. INSTEAD OF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS NEEDED I HAVE POSTED IT HERE!!!!!!!

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... bVJuMU2kMC

My petition:

Stop bookmakers offering no value and telling lies when value really does exist.

Sport Bookmakers are advertising false information that they are best priced and they offer value to customers. Bookmakers rarely settle their books and offer no value to customers. Scamming innocent customers with false information when value is almost always available on the betting exchanges.

Channel 4 racing on the 12th of December Spoke of this problem. A horse race with odds shortening, the bookmakers were NOT adjusting their book and offering humanely wrong prices. They were all simply scamming every customer and they are allowed to advertise when the truth is, the value lies on the betting exchanges. Geoff Banks also has a slogan on his website. Why bet anywhere else? He offers no value and on every sport event he has the least value on offer. Bookmakers are scam artists.
Dallas

Surely if it was worth doing Caan would of already started something after his rant days ago and has alot of followers on hand
scottydog

Somebody has to do something about it, So I have. If it is what you believe in then sign it, takes less then 30 seconds.
CLOWNSHOES

Petition culture taking over :lol:

Im'a start a no more petitions petition
Dallas

CLOWNSHOES wrote:Petition culture taking over :lol:

Im'a start a no more petitions petition
Where do i sign???? :lol: :lol:
chuck536

someone just directed me here.

Nice sentiment scotty. But a petition won't do it, the govt. won't be interested, you're far better off just retweeting and publicising it. Along with posts like Peters about censorship. I wonder how many people like us they've done it to.... and as you seen Geoff's reply, he and any others will hate it when it's reposted again and again. :) Cheers,

Caan
Euler

It's nice to see people waking up a bit. I've been banging on for years, but my efforts haven't generally been met with much enthusiasm. I've always put it down to having a product as people use that as a foil by implying I have an incentive to sell it, when in fact it's such a bigger battle than that. May the force me with you!
LeTiss

I'd give the bookies more slack if they didn't ban winners or arbers. I was disappointed that the BBC programme 'Britain at the Bookies' failed to focus more heavily on this practice. I'd love it if the Government forced bookmakers to only be allowed to ban punters if they are considered to be laundering money, or engaging in fraudulant activity - that would be a serious gamechanger!
andyfuller

Whilst I like the idea of not allowing bookies to ban people, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to. If you had a customer that cost you money why would you want to keep them a customer?

There are very few industries where companies are not allowed to turn away customers who cost them money, I don't see why the bookmaking industry should be treated any differently to the other 99.9% of businesses, it is only essential services that I can think of that are not allowed to turn away customers and have an obligation to provide a service.

I don't think bookmaking is an essential service.

As for the the lines used by the bookmakers about being best price etc, the best way and the easiest way to stop such marketing, if it is false, is to go to the Advertising Standards Authority. The petition is pointless - spend your time contacting the ASA.
chuck536

Euler wrote: May the force me with you!
Very fitting.

Return to “Announcements”