Forum & Site outage

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Derek27

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 am
I'm getting a "Certificate Error" on the Bet Angel site today.
...... Not a good look for anyone visiting the site to be told the following by your browser.

"This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately."
I'm no expert in internet security but I think that's only a real concern if one, you're visiting a site you're not familiar with and two, you're about to make a purchase or send private information.
Wolf1877

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:14 am
Wolf1877 wrote:
...... Not a good look for anyone visiting the site to be told the following by your browser.

"This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately."
Yet you still used it to tell us how unsafe it is. Calm down, the world's not ending.
I didnt say it was unsafe. I am familiar with the BetAngel site so my assumption was that the SSL certificate had expired so my post was more of a message to the Bet Angel crew to investigate/resolve because anyone visiting the Bet Angel site for the first time would likely not stick around. SSL Certificates have to be renewed every year and some pretty large sites have been known to let them inadvertently expire.

Thanks for the sarky comment thought.
Euler

We haven't seen any reports of this today apart from this one. So not sure why you saw that?
jamesg46

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:29 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:14 am
Wolf1877 wrote:

"This site is not secure

Yet you still used it to tell us how unsafe it is. Calm down, the world's not ending.
I didnt say it was unsafe. I am familiar with the BetAngel site so my assumption was that the SSL certificate had expired so my post was more of a message to the Bet Angel crew to investigate/resolve because anyone visiting the Bet Angel site for the first time would likely not stick around. SSL Certificates have to be renewed every year and some pretty large sites have been known to let them inadvertently expire.

Thanks for the sarky comment thought.
Sorry for the sarcastic response, must of been in one of them moods this morning, I'm sure you're not offended but I apologise non the less.
Wolf1877

Euler wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:37 pm
We haven't seen any reports of this today apart from this one. So not sure why you saw that?
It didnt say certificate expiry as such - just certificate error. I first noticed in the BA embedded browser then I tried Firefox, Edge and Chrome browsers - variations of the same message in all 3 browsers. Issue went away about 10 minutes after I posted about the issue so I assumed your team had done something. I'll do a full AV scan of my machine in case I have a local issue.

Note added : I've scanned my PC and no issues detected. Will have to put it down as a temporary glitch then I guess. I'll notify support directly if it recurs.
telboy5

Whats happening guys, I have a big green on Schauflee and Oosthuizen, but my bets aren't showing, any where, What can I do ????
Euler

Wrong thread please see - viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1162&start=5100
Emmson

Its back then!

I hopped over to wiki to discover what roughly a DDOS attack is. Betfair itself had one of these I remember a few years ago.
Euler

Hi all,

Sorry about the outage we had on Saturday.

You may remember the site was attacked back in February which caused a multi-day outage on site and forum.

We spent a lot of time (and money) creating a new infrastructure then that looked like it would prevent any future attacks. Unfortunately on Saturday, the attacker found a way around that that and we had to take preventative action again. However, after a short outage, the site remained up. But we had to disable to the forum while we switched to a backup. We made the decision to keep that offline temporarily while we reviewed the attack in detail.

We have brought everything back now and we will look again at how to shore up defences, even more, to prevent it from happening again.

Thank you for your patience and support.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:52 am
Hi all,

You may remember the site was attacked back in February which caused a multi-day outage on site and forum.

We spent a lot of time (and money) creating a new infrastructure then that looked like it would prevent any future attacks. Unfortunately on Saturday, the attacker found a way around that that and we had to take preventative action again. However, after a short outage, the site remained up. But we had to disable to the forum while we switched to a backup. We made the decision to keep that offline temporarily while we reviewed the attack in detail.

We have brought everything back now and we will look again at how to shore up defences, even more, to prevent it from happening again.

I thought "they" might of done it because of the Donald Trump twitter post on the forum I made.... :)
Kai

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:25 am
Euler wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:52 am
Hi all,

I thought "they" might of done it because of the Donald Trump twitter post on the forum I made.... :)
Could be, we must thread carefully from now on, so as not to upset these Trump-supporting haxors.
StellaBot

Is anyone having problems loading football markets
When I try to load eg win market, the "line" loads with the ball icon but nothing else eg team names or prices
I contacted support
Derek27

StellaBot wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:52 pm
Is anyone having problems loading football markets
When I try to load eg win market, the "line" loads with the ball icon but nothing else eg team names or prices
I contacted support
Wrong thread, this is forum outages rather than Betfair or BA issues.

Return to “Announcements”