Forum & Site outage

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Euler

Sorry for the outage this morning. We are working to make everything work as well as we can, but want to move to a different server. So the odd outage is likely to occur before we finally complete this move. The only way to do this work safely is to take the forum offline. Sometimes we have to do this without warning.

Sorry again. Normal service will be resumed, we will keep you in touch with progress.
Emmson

Still having problems reaching here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Emmson wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:25 pm
Still having problems reaching here.
Peter explained why in the post just before yours.
greenmark

Anyone else missing images off the desktop?
Clicking on the areas still launches the various functions. Weird!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spock

exact same
Euler

We will look into this for you. We have split up a few things, so it's not impossible we have broken a couple of things.
greenmark

Euler wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:11 pm
We will look into this for you. We have split up a few things, so it's not impossible we have broken a couple of things.
No worries. Enforced IT changes are prone to disrupt these little details. :-)
Jim Royle

greenmark wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:37 pm
Anyone else missing images off the desktop?
Clicking on the areas still launches the various functions. Weird!
yes exactly the same
Wolf1877

I'm getting a "Certificate Error" on the Bet Angel site today.
...... Not a good look for anyone visiting the site to be told the following by your browser.

"This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately."
jamesg46

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 am
...... Not a good look for anyone visiting the site to be told the following by your browser.

"This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately."
Yet you still used it to tell us how unsafe it is. Calm down, the world's not ending.
Derek27

Wolf1877 wrote:

"This site is not secure

I'm no expert in internet security but I think that's only a real concern if one, you're visiting a site you're not familiar with and two, you're about to make a purchase or send private information.
Wolf1877

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:14 am
Wolf1877 wrote:

"This site is not secure

Yet you still used it to tell us how unsafe it is. Calm down, the world's not ending.
I didnt say it was unsafe. I am familiar with the BetAngel site so my assumption was that the SSL certificate had expired so my post was more of a message to the Bet Angel crew to investigate/resolve because anyone visiting the Bet Angel site for the first time would likely not stick around. SSL Certificates have to be renewed every year and some pretty large sites have been known to let them inadvertently expire.

Thanks for the sarky comment thought.
Euler

We haven't seen any reports of this today apart from this one. So not sure why you saw that?
jamesg46

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:29 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:14 am
Wolf1877 wrote:

"This site is not secure

I didnt say it was unsafe. I am familiar with the BetAngel site so my assumption was that the SSL certificate had expired so my post was more of a message to the Bet Angel crew to investigate/resolve because anyone visiting the Bet Angel site for the first time would likely not stick around. SSL Certificates have to be renewed every year and some pretty large sites have been known to let them inadvertently expire.

Thanks for the sarky comment thought.
Sorry for the sarcastic response, must of been in one of them moods this morning, I'm sure you're not offended but I apologise non the less.
Wolf1877

Euler wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:37 pm
We haven't seen any reports of this today apart from this one. So not sure why you saw that?
It didnt say certificate expiry as such - just certificate error. I first noticed in the BA embedded browser then I tried Firefox, Edge and Chrome browsers - variations of the same message in all 3 browsers. Issue went away about 10 minutes after I posted about the issue so I assumed your team had done something. I'll do a full AV scan of my machine in case I have a local issue.

Note added : I've scanned my PC and no issues detected. Will have to put it down as a temporary glitch then I guess. I'll notify support directly if it recurs.

Return to “Announcements”