Planned forum maintenance

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:39 am
Tossers.
+1
Jukebox

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:51 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:39 am
Tossers.
+1
+1
Euler

+1000

They have been very persistant, but we have had loads of people come forward to offer help, including Betfair, so it's a 1.01 shot they will not win.
Euler

Got to say, the response from the community and industry has been great.

We have had a number of expert users come forward and Betfair and Smarkets have also offered help. So, as a small site in the scheme of things, we are very grateful for all the responses.

We will take the opportunity to build a bigger and better site going forward and it just motivates us as a team to do an even better job in the future of everything we are involved with.
NickH

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm
On bringing back the forum we make need to do a couple of minor tweaks around the edges, so let us know if you see somethings that don't look quite right.

You may find you have been forced to move away from your default theme, to move back click on this link: -

ucp.php?i=165
Is there a way I can get the ‘new posts’ back on the right side of the forum?

Edit: found it on the top left, but previously was a simple button underneath ‘your posts’ on the right side showing me all the new posts since my last visit to the forum. I found it very handy, but I guess I will just have to nagivate from the top left correct?
jimibt

NickH wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:38 pm
Euler wrote:
On bringing back the forum we make need to do a couple of minor tweaks around the edges, so let us know if you see somethings that don't look quite right.

You may find you have been forced to move away from your default theme, to move back click on this link: -

ucp.php?i=165

Edit: found it on the top left, but previously was a simple button underneath ‘your posts’ on the right side showing me all the new posts since my last visit to the forum. I found it very handy, but I guess I will just have to nagivate from the top left correct?
nick - this is what i see (which is the same as i had previously seen - using prosilver):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

We can put stuff back. We had modified the previous version so it was likely we may miss something when we ported over.
PeterLe

Euler wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:05 pm
+1000

They have been very persistant, but we have had loads of people come forward to offer help, including Betfair, so it's a 1.01 shot they will not win.
Such a shame someone feels this strongly to disrupt things
I know it wont happen, but wouldn't it be great if it was possible to identify the culprit(s)
LeTiss

PeterLe wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:04 pm

Such a shame someone feels this strongly to disrupt things
I know it wont happen, but wouldn't it be great if it was possible to identify the culprit(s)
It certainly would.

You have to ask if it's a rival company?
A disgruntled ex-customer, or someone who has done their bollocks on the exchanges
Perhaps it's an anti-gambling activist, along the lines of the XR nutters

Of course, it might just be a spotty teenager, who does this in between wanking over Little Mix pictures

:twisted:
Derek27

.....without washing his hands!
PeterLe

Well that wasn't quite what I was thinking lads! :D
MemphisFlash

Maybe it's Caan Berry trying to get some support for his forum!!!
jamesg46

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:53 pm
Maybe it's Caan Berry trying to get some support for his forum!!!
I think he knows the majority of BA users would rather do squats in a cucumber field.
ozimike

Euler wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:49 pm
Got to say, the response from the community and industry has been great.

We have had a number of expert users come forward and Betfair and Smarkets have also offered help. So, as a small site in the scheme of things, we are very grateful for all the responses.

We will take the opportunity to build a bigger and better site going forward and it just motivates us as a team to do an even better job in the future of everything we are involved with.
Yep, its great when your tribe has got your back - well done to those who help in these situations.
NickH

jimibt wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:49 pm
NickH wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:38 pm
Euler wrote:

ucp.php?i=165

nick - this is what i see (which is the same as i had previously seen - using prosilver):
Correct, which also works and I might just have to get used to :) I just found it very handy when logging in that under your profile and ‘your posts’ (on the right hand side of the page) there was also a quick link button to ‘new posts’. But will manage the new situation eventually haha

Return to “Announcements”