Forum Downtime

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The forum will be offline for a short while this evening from 5pm GMT (6pm BST) whilst server updates are applied.
craignmoss

Did this knock anything out with the software itself? I had around six automations set for yesterday evening, the first four triggered fine at 16.30 but the others failed to trigger at 19.30 and 20.00.

The only thing I did in between was speed up the refresh rate and open a chrome browser just in case the kids messed around with my computer, the hope was they'd leave bet angel alone (they never went on the computer in the end).

Looking at the logs, the only thing it showed was that the match was suspended after it finished. However, the games weren't refreshing when I finally checked, the whole thing just seemed to freeze.

Did anyone else report anything?

Thanks.
Realrocknrolla

craignmoss wrote: โ†‘
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:11 am
Did this knock anything out with the software itself? I had around six automations set for yesterday evening, the first four triggered fine at 16.30 but the others failed to trigger at 19.30 and 20.00.

The only thing I did in between was speed up the refresh rate and open a chrome browser just in case the kids messed around with my computer, the hope was they'd leave bet angel alone (they never went on the computer in the end).

Looking at the logs, the only thing it showed was that the match was suspended after it finished. However, the games weren't refreshing when I finally checked, the whole thing just seemed to freeze.

Did anyone else report anything?

Thanks.
That post was from March 2022
craignmoss

๐Ÿ˜‚ so it was, thank you! Did anyone else experience an issue?
Derek27

Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:35 am
Last night or in March 2022?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote: โ†‘
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:52 am
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:35 am
Last night or in March 2022?
Coincidentally the forum was down for a short while a few days ago in the wee small hours.

Craig: the software and the forum are totally seperate, could it be that your computer entered some sort of standby mode or hibernated.?
craignmoss

Thanks Shaun. It didn't, it ran as normal. It seems to be working fine today, I may just put it down as an anomaly. After all, it's never happened in my 18 months of using the software.
greenmark

Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:52 pm
Thanks Shaun. It didn't, it ran as normal. It seems to be working fine today, I may just put it down as an anomaly. After all, it's never happened in my 18 months of using the software.
Also, how about seperate users for your kids or have you done that already?
Derek27

greenmark wrote: โ†‘
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:37 pm
The thought of having kids using my computer makes me tremble. Never mind separate users, I'd need to give them separate laptops. :)
craignmoss

I've been backtesting all summer and my strategies went live last week. It's been a cracking start, the dream is that I can actually afford to buy them their own laptops at some point! They're generally good and will leave it but sometimes my son can't help himself on Google. He's getting a phone for his birthday in a month, that could be the end of my problems. ๐Ÿคž
sniffer66

Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:20 pm
The thought of having kids using my computer makes me tremble. Never mind separate users, I'd need to give them separate laptops. :)
It's when they pick up my phone and start flicking through my photo gallery to look at the pics we took out today :oops:
Derek27

sniffer66 wrote: โ†‘
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:32 pm
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:20 pm

It's when they pick up my phone and start flicking through my photo gallery to look at the pics we took out today :oops:
I've never bothered using security on my phone as I'm not likely to lose it, but I certainly would if I had kids. :)

Return to โ€œAnnouncementsโ€