The path of a newbie

Help, advice and trading in technicolour
andrejt

Hello all,

First a brief description of myself :
My name is Andrej, I'm 34 years young and come from a country called Slovenija 8-)
I'm a newbie in the trading world and been trading for approx. 2 months now. I come from a poker world and would like to continue my "career" as a full time sports trader (horse racing).

In this topic I will post some of my recorded sessions and would be very thankful for your comments (positive or negative).

I'm starting with a 50€ bank and my only two goals for this year are :
- cut my losses
- don't go IN-PLAY

Of course I've blown my starting bank twice (2 x 50€) IN-PLAY, but despite that and a couple of other mistakes (not cutting my losses) I think I'm on a solid BASIC path.

Here's my session from a couple of days ago : https://youtu.be/CSdtFYK28Ho

Maybe this topic (and the comments) will help other newbies to become better traders and inspire others to post some of their recorded sessions :)

Have a great day and thanks for your comments!
Last edited by andrejt on Sat May 02, 2015 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gutuami

you will be less tempted to go inplay if you'd have less rows on the ladder.
Groovyelms

gutuami wrote:you will be less tempted to go inplay if you'd have less rows on the ladder.
I have the row spacing really wide for that reason and the fact hat its less likely to cause a fat finger error...
all the best Groovy
andrejt

gutuami wrote:you will be less tempted to go inplay if you'd have less rows on the ladder.
Emmm sorry, but why would that help? Do you maybe have a screenshot so that I can see what you mean? :oops:
Archangel

Unfortunately the only way to learn is the hard way, and if that means blowing a bank in order to learn then so be it
Not going in play and cutting your losses is always a struggle even for experienced traders!
gutuami

andrejt wrote:
Emmm sorry, but why would that help? Do you maybe have a screenshot so that I can see what you mean? :oops:
it is "easier" to trade hr markets inplay with more rows on the ladder. You can see more movements and might be tempted stay/trade inplay.
andrejt

gutuami wrote: it is "easier" to trade hr markets inplay with more rows on the ladder. You can see more movements and might be tempted stay/trade inplay.
Aaaaaa I c what you mean now :)

I guess the best way (for me) to not go in-play would be to delete the "Keep All" BUTTON in the "Unmatched bets" window and only leave the "Take SP" one :oops:

Is it possible to delete/hide buttons in BA?
andrejt

Well, it's been a while since an update of my journey...

In the meantime I got a temporary job, so I couldn't trade a lot, but from the beginning of 2016 I can focus on my trading again.

@gutuami
I followed your advice regarding the monitor setup and made a change as you can see in the picture. Must say that this new setup suits me better. I also didn't go once in-play, so for me this is an improvement 8-)

Anyways, I have added greyhounds to my daily trading plan and those markets suit me well.

I'll also record some of my trading in the future, to let you all know I'm still here :D

Greetings from Slovenia!
Dallas

Cool looking set-up, good luck and hope its a good year for you
andrejt

Just to post a short update on my trading path after some time :D

At the moment I'm all into Excel bot programming and don't trade manually. As soon as my soccer bot will go from beta to a stable release and make some steady monthly income, I'll focus again on the horse and greyhound trading.

At this opportunity I would like to thanks BetAngel and the whole community for fast help and wish everyone all the best in 2017 8-)

Cheers from Slovenia!

Return to “Betfair trading videos - For current videos visit www.betangel.tv”